The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having already bought a car cover for the Elise that isn't built yet, buying a Lotus Hat seemed like a relatively sane shopping diversion.

Aston Martin of New England has a nice selection of Office Lotus shwag:
Lotus Goodies

Keychain, mug... fine gear.

The HAT however, well, it's clear Lotus didn't consult their stylists and fashion gurus on this one.

As far as I can tell, it's a John Deere hat with the logo neatly replaced.

Rigid billboard front, tall trucker style top, and hard-curved brim -- these are things befitting another marque, perhaps Caterpillar.

I just tell people "it must be what they wear in England. Wacky Brits.."

In short, save your cash.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I can relate, in the sense that I too dislike those caps that have that really rigid front piece that's like cardboard or something. I sought (and found) a cap that was devoid of such affrontery, but still had the round Lotus logo (CABC) sewn on the front. I got it at last year's Monterey Historics at Laguna Seca (Ca). I also have a nice Lotus Motorsports cap directly from Hethel (thanks, Lillie!) :)

·
Registered
971 Posts
I picked up a nice one at Hethel. It is perfect for keeping the sun out of my eyes and my hair out of my headset. Now I just need to find a nice Boeing hat to wear when I drive the Elise.:D

Attachments

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
it's not that bad. It does say "baseball cap." Baseball caps have a high front to stitch on those big ass team logos. And from the looks of it the stitching is very neatly done and tight. You can also order a black cap as well. I guess it's a matter of taste. I would buy one.

The one Lumn8r has, is a low profile cap.

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
I also bought a hat from the same place as Groundloop and was very disappointed. It was not even the same one as in the pic.:rolleyes:

Oh well, it just falls in line with everything else.

·
shay2nak
24,978 Posts
it wasn't the same!? That sucks. False advertising. Then, thanks for the warning!

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I bought an Elise model, Lotus key chain, Elise book, and the hat in question. The hat was the only thing that got tossed into the trash once I got home to really look at what I had purchased. The parts counter person just said "how about a hat?" So I said "Sure, throw one in the bag" I never looked at it... It looks like a tobacco spittin special to me. Be forewarned!!

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Lumn8r said:
I picked up a nice one at Hethel. It is perfect for keeping the sun out of my eyes and my hair out of my headset. Now I just need to find a nice Boeing hat to wear when I drive the Elise.:D
Somewhat convoluted reasoning Andy but logical nontheless.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I, too, bought the official Lotus baseball cap, but I am non-plussed. The motorsport cap look much better. I tried unsuccessfully to locate it on the Intenet. Who sells them and can you please post the URL?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
I'm not sure their still available, used to be able to buy them on Lotus UK site.

edit: Just looked it up, Brooke-Kensington in the UK sells the motorsport hat about 11 uk pounds. They do ship to US.

http://www.brooke-kensington.co.uk/ppartl6.htm

Chris
That's a nice hat, low profile hats fit much better in my opinion, perhaps a group buy?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I would go for it...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
You can also order yet another hat from Lotus directly. Although this hat is also green with the same ACBC logo, it's more form-fitting and has a sandwich-type bill (a yellow core with green top and bottom). "LOTUSCARS.CO.UK" is also embroidered on the bill.

I think it looks quite nice. Costs twelve pounds plus shipping. It even has the ACBC logo on the adjustment stap buckle. :cool:

edit: oops - forgot that it also has "Lotus" stitched on the back, over the adjustment opening.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts