The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<embed type='application/x-shockwave-flash' src='http://foxnews1.a.mms.mavenapps.net/mms/rt/1/site/foxnews1-foxnews-pub01-live/current/videolandingpage/fncLargePlayer/client/embedded/embedded.swf' id='mediumFlashEmbedded' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' bgcolor='#000000' allowScriptAccess='always' allowFullScreen='true' quality='high' name='undefined' play='false' scale='noscale' menu='false' salign='LT' scriptAccess='always' wmode='false' height='275' width='305' flashvars='playerId=videolandingpage&playerTemplateId=fncLargePlayer&categoryTitle=&referralObject=4130226&referralPlaylistId=playlist' />

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Don't worry. Doesn't look like he'll fit in a Lotus.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I must be watching too much Law and Order...there is probably a long history between this guy and the owner of the car, and the mechanic had enough of what the Ferrari owner was dishing out.

I'll go out on a limb and say this was completely intentional and the 911 call was staged because he thought he could avoid some liability. Not sure if the DUI was intentional or not...

·
Registered
259 Posts
The car was HIS. He was just really drunk.

Jeff Sabold: Jeff Sabold’s Ferrari wrecked by train (photos) Celebgalz.com :: Hottest World News Updated Daily

Jeff Sabold: Jeff Sabold’s Ferrari wrecked by train

Jeff Sabold, 48, was arrested. Sabold drove his 2000 Ferrari onto the railroad tracks in Sherman. In a panic, Sabold then called 911 for help. A train came and ran over the Ferrari, wrecking it.

Sabold is suspected of driving with influence. He was arrested on a driving while intoxicated charge. There were no injuries on him or on the train’s passengers.

Sabold was about 100 miles off course from his intended destination when his car got stuck on the tracks. Sabold told police he thought he was in Mansfield when actually, he was in Sherman.

More info:

DWI suspect's Ferarri totaled after getting stuck on railroad track | Latest News | WFAA.com

DWI suspect's Ferarri totaled after getting stuck on railroad track

07:10 PM CDT on Thursday, April 2, 2009

SHERMAN ― Talk about a wrong turn.

More than 100 miles from where he thought he was, a man suspected of DWI narrowly escaped being hit by a train. His Ferarri didn't fare as well.

Sherman police responded to the bizarre call early Wednesday morning.

Police say around 3:30 a.m. Jeff Sabold, 48, got his 2000 Ferrari stuck on a set of railroad tracks in south Sherman.

He called 911 for help.

"I'm scared, I'm lost, I'm stranded out on a railroad track," Sabold told a 911 operator.

"I took a wrong turn somewhere, I'm so lost."

Sabold told the operator he saw a train coming and the operator told him to get out of the car. He did shortly before the train slammed into his car, totaling it.

"This is a good example of why people should not operate a vehicle while driving intoxicated. Your judgment is impaired, you not only put yourself in danger, but you put everyone who is in reach of your vehicle in danger to include trains," said Sgt. Bruce Dawsey of the Sherman Police Department.

KXII-TV
Jeff Sabold’s Ferarri. Sabold, who lives in Carrollton, thought he was in Mansfield in southern Tarrant County, 103 miles from Sherman.

Police say low ground clearance may have caused the car to get stuck.

No one was injured. Sabold was arrested for driving while intoxicated and could face additional charges.

KXII-TV contributed to this report.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
lol awesome... not so much for the owner of the Ferrari, though. LOL

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Was the car stuck on the tracks, or was he just stupid? I guess he's the only one with that answer.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just an update, i believe they are saying it is his car. And there's a back story about how he was out drinking to cope with the loss of his son recently. No excuses, what he did was wrong and he should face the consequences, but just thought i'd mention it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts