The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the locking cap which I'm not crazy about. Hope they made a non-locking equivalent. My original cap got was stolen by a ring of gas cap thieves just a few days ago. The FBI says they are targeting New England currently, and their has been an epidemic of gas cap capers. There is nothing lower than stealing a man's ( or woman's) gas cap.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
I got one at Autozone recently. I'll search for the #, but it is on at least two threads here already. It will certainly not be listed by them or Amazon as for a Lotus.

I'm pretty sure this is it

Capture.JPG

Wish I'd thought of that gas caps thieves story. I just left mine on the car and drove off.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks - i only found the locking one - but yesterday i seem to have been search challenged. Couldn't find my glasses if i was wearing them. Ever have one of those days? I was exhausted from the Fbi interviews. They really want these guys bad apparently. I told them all i wanted was a part number.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Just an update went to autozone and they dont carry stant so I got this and it works fine. No cel. The capless threw a code so I just got a reg locking one with a key. Its a duralast 5791.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My OEM 2011 Elise gas cap cracked and needed replacement. I opted for the 2003 Jaguar X-Type cap. Visually it looks identical to the OEM cap (see pics below), is a tight/secure fit, and no CELs after ~200 miles. Jaguar recently changed their part numbering catalog. The old part # is C2P5270. The new part # is C2C41355. Before purchasing I'd confirm that you're ordering the quarter turn cap. There's threads out there that say some X-types have a quarter turn cap and others a full screw-on type cap. $56 out the door.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts