The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I've been looking at getting into either an Evora 400, or a V6 Exige (both manual...). I'm leaning towards the 400 but can't help thinking that with the new Emira being so similar in almost every way, and not miles off the price of a good lower mileage used Evora 400, surely the values of Evoras could tank.

Whereas I have a hard time seeing the Exige drop much in value, if at all, over the next 5 - 10 years.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this matter?

·
Administrator
13,550 Posts
Your situation in the UK will more than likely be different than that of most of the owners here in the US. We have a far more limited number of cars here. Our Elise and Exige prices are stronger than UK for the simple reason of the limited numbers. Same will probably hold true for other models.
Many members want/need the extra room in back that +2 models offer. While prices will fluctuate as we have seen with inflation and the economy being primary factors they have appeared to have leveled off from the skyward rise in value over the last two years.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'm waiting for the day when the loaded Evora GT comes down to get myself another Evora. I'm just afraid that people start to realize that the Evora has +2 advantage over the Emira, then price will be more difficult to come down.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Based on the conversations at LOG and impressions of the Emira.....I don't see Evora prices coming down. Most GT and 400 owners all saw it as a downgrade. It's a great car but lost a lot of "Lotus". It will definitely bring a lot of new owners in from other brands but it just doesn't feel special or unique like the older cars. Time will tell but I think the later Evora's will be sought after for a long time to come.

Reactions: DaveS4s

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
822 Posts
Based on the conversations at LOG and impressions of the Emira.....I don't see Evora prices coming down. Most GT and 400 owners all saw it as a downgrade. It's a great car but lost a lot of "Lotus". It will definitely bring a lot of new owners in from other brands but it just doesn't feel special or unique like the older cars. Time will tell but I think the later Evora's will be sought after for a long time to come.
I think the same can be said about all Evoras. I always thought the S1 Evora looked generic or a kit car, but it is aging very well. It looks better today than it ever has. Prices on a S model are almost as much as a 400, which doesn't make sense to me as the 400 is a better car, but it looks like there is a demand there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts