Votes: 48 41.7%
  • NO: I'm just waiting. May buy used, may wait and see, may not buy

Votes: 4 3.5%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since deliveries started flowing into the east coast (and trickling into the west), so I thought it would be good to take an end-of-year pulse. We can compare next year and see how many forum members received 2005 cars.

Please answer YES only if you have ownership of your car at the time you vote.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Graydon said:
How bout those poor souls who are on a wait list, yet haven't ordered yet... seems like they don't have an option.
Good point, GL I edited the one option to indicate being on a wait list.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Rawr said:
Yes, yes I've had mine for a while now.
Yeah, but you are on the wrong side of the pond! You have an unfair advantage. :p

Not to mean that the otherside of the pond is bad. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Having seen the thread on longest wait, and at the risk of getting flamed, I lucked out & had one of the shortest stints on the waiting list while paying MSRP: 1 month.:clap:

Got the car yesterday. I was 36 on the dealer waiting list & someone decided not to take delivery. The dealer called several customers last Thursday & I happened to be the first to walk in on Saturday & confirm. Had I understood the car was sitting on the showroom floor (I thought they had a slot for Jan or Feb production), I would have flown to the dealer on Thursday.

·
Banned
338 Posts
SJP3003...you missed out on all the fun of...

...the anticipation of getting the car. The dreaming of how it will feel to drive, where you will take it, imagining how it will sound, man you missed out on a lot. Have you not heard that the anticipation of getting anything, or achieving any goal is often better than the actual desired object itself.
Cheer...enjoy.

·
Long-term Lotus Fanatic
990 Posts
The car's in the US - was at the dock on Nov 13th. Should be here any day now...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re: SJP3003...you missed out on all the fun of...

Maverick1 said:
...the anticipation of getting the car. The dreaming of how it will feel to drive, where you will take it, imagining how it will sound, man you missed out on a lot. Have you not heard that the anticipation of getting anything, or achieving any goal is often better than the actual desired object itself.
Cheer...enjoy.
Thanks Maverick...but all is not lost. Actually I've been enjoying the anticipation of completing the first 1000 miles to dip into the higher revs with gusto & getting the Elise onto a track. ;)

In the meantime I'm suffering and slogging away at the mundane chore of driving the Elise to Blockbuster , Walgreens and Toys R Us with my kids (1 at a time) and to the office.

·
Registered
31 Posts
May want to expand you poll to include folks who have bought a car without ever being on a list. That's me. Went to Atlanta and bought a car last month. They had two available at the time.

·
Registered
799 Posts
How about an option for people that have ordered but are waiting to actually get the car.

Even if we have ordered, it seems that delivery times can vary due to color ordered etc...so this could be something worthwhile to monitor, etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've got mine now

I tried to vote, but I had already voted that I didn't have the car yet - last month I didn't have it, now I do, but can't update my vote!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually, I should have put a tight sunset on the poll.

The idea was just to get a quick count of "who has cars today", rather than an ongoing tally. Maybe a poll like that every few months would be an interesting thing to see, especially with so many people expecting Q1 '05 delivery.

Something more grandiose would be a 'member database' or somesuch where willing participants could enter their car info and if they took delivery. Something more indexed than just profile data, where it would be easy to see things like color distribution, delivery stats, how long the wait, VIN range..

What was the question again?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Blimey ! 55.96% of EliseTalkers are completely wonderful people ! :D

EDIT - Muahahaha :D

·
Registered
322 Posts
Do you have your Elise?

Yes.

Snow and salt has been keeping it in the garage. I still go out and look at it about once a day.

Saffron Yellow, all options.
BTW no real ingress/egress problems even with the hard top on.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Bought mine off the showroom floor

January 23, 2005. Four track days in NorCal. Runs like a top, drives like a dream.

·
Registered
26 Posts
mine sat in the stealership for aboot 9 days. i put my name down for it almost 2 years ago and almost forgot i had it coming :shrug:

but the wait was so worth it! I got it delivered to my door (dealer is 6 hours away) yesterday morning.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts