The Lotus Cars Community banner

Do you like the Star Shield?

• Yes I like it. It's not noticeable.

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • No I do not like it because it is noticeable.

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Yes it is noticeable and I still like it.

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been reading some mixed results on the Starshield. On some pictures and colors it's very noticeable on others, it's not bad.

So, this is a just a quick poll for those who've seen the Starshield on the Elise in person.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Absolutely it's noticeable. Not right at first but when you look at the hood you definately see a line. But I ordered it because of the potential chips and I don't think it looks bad at all.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
This is a confusing poll. You ask if it is noticable, and the answers are "Yes. It's not noticeable." and "No. It is noticeable."
:huh: :confused:
If that answer were available, my vote would be for "Yes. It is noticable."

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah...You're right! He should ask a third question..

"Yes, I didn't notice your grammar mistake."

huh?:huh:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I wasn't even going to consider it until I saw it on Valenti's demo. Or, more to the point, I didn't see it. I really had to get right up along side the car to see it. Now, I'm definitely getting it.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fish said:
Yeah...You're right! He should ask a third question..

"Yes, I didn't notice your grammar mistake."

huh?:huh:
Sorry about the poll. I don't have the authorization to edit the poll.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I edited it a little. Let me know if you want it to change.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Randy Chase said:
I edited it a little. Let me know if you want it to change.
Thanks Randy. Brain resources at 32% right now. :(

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Vangman said:
I really had to get right up along side the car to see it.
I generally have to get right up along side the car to get in and out of it. Consequently, I find that the seams will be quite noticeable in many places on a routine basis. Of course, the same could be said for the chips that one may accumulate. Still hoping to see a yellow car in person with the film on it before I make my final decision.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
On the Elises I've seen, it's really not noticeable with the exception of Starlight Black (where it's quite noticeable in direct sunlight.) Personally, I don't think people with AR or SY will notice it much, while Starlight Black and Nightfall Blue owners might see it more readily. Either way, I still want it... anything to minimize paint chips...

Bob

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
It really depends on the quality of the application. The material itself seems fine and the coverage areas are good (just wish the material went higher towards the radiator ducts though). I'm getting it .

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will probably get the film. On the BRP color, it surely changes the "shine". If you put your nose right up to it, it looks like this. It looks better at 10 feet away, 30 even less obvious.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I voted "other" because I like the product, but based on the installs I've seen it can be nearly invisible (on arctic silver) to readily visible at close range (saffron yellow). So it seems to depend on the color and finish (metallic or solid color?). I still think it'll be worth it, if it reduces stone chips etc.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
If you look for it on my Chrome Orange car, you can see it, but that's about it. A neighbor noticed it, simply because there was wax residue along the seam. A quick wipe, and no more wax residue.

I'll trade a small bit of noticeablity for the protection anyday...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts