The Lotus Cars Community banner

Do you scare your passengers when you drive your Lotus?

• No, all passengers love to ride spiritly! I speed up!

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Some passengers are scared, so I slow down.

Votes: 32 40.5%
  • Most passengers are scared, so I slow down.

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • ALL passengers are scared, so I slow down.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • My own driving scares me!

Votes: 21 26.6%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Especially in the twisty roads.
My wife is a trooper as to a Lotus passenger.
Most of my friends and my kids don't like driving "spiritly" and being a passenger in a Lotus is even worse.
I thought I drive agressively, at least in the canyons and on the track, but compared to other Lotus drivers, I'm tame.

I would scare myself to death if I was a passenger in my own car and I drove. Thank goodness they haven't made human clones yet....

--Hal

·
Registered
582 Posts
HAHA, YES!!!
I do that all the time, first I scare them with the noise, second speed, third, G forces.

Best way to end a date, EVER! (and I mean end end, like she's not going to see you again) Its pretty AWESOMO

·
Registered
571 Posts
I took some old friends out in it when I first got it. She had no problem going way too fast (fast enough I felt bad later for my recklessness) he on the other hand sh!t his pants before I left first gear. Then as I approached a turn (with out toughing the breaks so he wouldn't see it coming) I swung the wheel hard over and before he could even gasp I had already made the turn.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Knowing where to drive fast keeps most my passengers feeling safe.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Why no option for "passenger is scared, so I speed up"?

Or "most passengers throw up" ?

·
Registered
856 Posts
I wish my driving scared me. I never get that rush anymore when I get to the track. It started to come back when I got the Lotus, but that was because it was new. Now I just go... concentrate... react (when needed).

I instruct to TRY to scare myself... but instead, I get disppointed when they are a skilled driver and I don't have my work cut out for me.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I didn't like any of the options. My vote would be: For first time riders, I try to scare them, and then keep driving that way until they demand I stop. :evil:

I'm not satisfied until I see what I call the "OH SH!T" move: legs and arms thrust forward, and attempting to push their head backwards through the seat. Seriously, though, I drive pretty nuts to show how capable the car is and then evaluate their reaction. If they seem uncomfortable, I take it back to "normal."

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought of those other "options", I expected your response, Morgan! rotfl

You should market your inside windshield sticker and make lots of money!rotfl

--Hal

·
Registered
369 Posts
I drive too mild mannered, my passenagers do no say anything.:D Sometimes I am just driving through the canyon sipping on my morning coffee and looking at the scenery and just chatting away.

I need to drive with some of more agressive drivers so that maybe I will push the envelope further.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I need another option "most passengers don't fit in my car" :D

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
It's fun to razz the ballast (no matter how attractive), but seriously--and I'm no pro, isn't your skill measured by how SMOOOTH you are? (e.g. how "unsettled" your passenger is can be indicative of how (un)skilled you are as a driver)

Scaring every passenger, especially when not done intentionally is probably an indication that you will be increasing the rarity of Lotus cars on the road, let's just hope the decrease is only measured in cars and not drivers. :evil: -eek-

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
If by scare you mean faking a cardiac arrest or a sever psychotic episode, then yes. :D

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Hard to answer since you qualified the responses with "so I slow down"... :shrug:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
With the juice on.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uiaB2_nf1h4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uiaB2_nf1h4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
According to Jackie Stewart, if you truly are a good driver you may be going fast and building high lateral g's, but you should be so smooth that passengers would barely know it. It always amazes me when I ride with people who think that manhandling the car is "fast".

1 - 20 of 41 Posts