The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Boxster's lease ends in July and I think my Elise should be here around that time.

Do you think a dealer would be willing to discount the Elise to cover my Boxster's turn-in fee ($250) and maybe a few hundred dollars in over mileage fees (ie: $250)? Is a $500 discount reasonable considering the demand for the Elise?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
My Boxster's lease ends in July and I think my Elise should be here around that time.

Do you think a dealer would be willing to discount the Elise to cover my Boxster's turn-in fee ($250) and maybe a few hundred dollars in over mileage fees (ie: $250)? Is a $500 discount reasonable considering the demand for the Elise?
I think you'll be SOL, but you never know. With demand where it is currently you have to put yourself in their shoes and ask why they would consider a discount when they could probably find a dozen customers that would pay them multiples of what you're asking for in a discount in a markup.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
What they said.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shhh! :no: My dealer reads this board (Hi Dan). You're suppose to say:

"Sure. Dealers can give $250 discount, especially to early buyers, since early buyers are a free source of advertisement for dealerships. $500 or more is less likely." ;)

Shino, it's going to be tough to rack up $13,000 in over mileage penalties before August. But if you're interested, I'll give it a try. :)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:

Sure he may discount the $10,000 markup he's gonna spring on you to $5,000:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Yea, sure discounts I'm bet they will be available in say 3 or 4 years. Given the supply and demand I don't think it will make much sense for a while.

·
Registered
670 Posts
LOL

Your chances of finding a gas station to pump Supreme for $1.40
a gallon with a free car wash are better.

Steve

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:

heheh.. Allan, with 300+ posts, how in the world did you miss out on the fact that there is an estimated 2 year wait list on the vehicle? :D :confused: :D :confused:

Is someone else using your ID, or are you joking with us?

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was thinking of a very small discount (ie: $250) - not $500 over invoice. :p

As for over MSRP "market adjustments," that will be a deal killer. I have Elise @ MSRP on the deposit slip and my dealer has been very professional, so I'm not too worried about that.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
I was thinking of a very small discount (ie: $250) - not $500 over invoice. :p

As for over MSRP "market adjustments," that will be a deal killer. I have Elise @ MSRP on the deposit slip and my dealer has been very professional, so I'm not too worried about that.
It seems that your dealer has been treating you right...I would not want to rock the boat over $250...but if you feel lucky...what is the worst thing that could happen:eek: :)

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, I've been like this: :huh: before the Elise. Waiting has just aggravated my condition. ;)

Btw, $250 isn't a big deal. I mean, how many gallons of gas will $250 buy now a days.

I guess I'm just use to asking for discounts because P-dealers are desparate to move thier cars. From 2001 to mid-2003, I use to hit P-dealers up for discounts to cover the negative equity of trying to trade-in my Boxster. I never did because the market and my trade-in value were so bad. Since the lease is over, it's not a issue. But old habits die hard. I still feel like I have to negotiate.

So, do you think I can get a free Lotus hat? (joking)!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts