The Lotus Cars Community banner

Do you use a HANS device at track days?

• Total voters
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have used the carbon fiber R3 for 2 years and like it. The only thing is that the R3 backbone and pad push you forward in your seat, so that the seat sides are not securing the driver as well. if one gets into an accident with the R3 without a harness, I suppose it is better than nothing, but the shoulder harness do go over and push the backbone wings down. Without the push down, there will be more head movement.

Mark
Thanks. I agree it would not be as effective as with harnesses, but certainly better than nothing if I'm in a car without harnesses. I guess the next step is to find one at a track event and sit in the car to see if I'm comfortable with the seating position.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
...but I ordered a DefNder today- Been putting it off for years (mostly because of ignorance)- What I've read about the DefNder makes it out to be a simple, yet reputable, product-

I feel better already-

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have used the carbon fiber R3 for 2 years and like it. The only thing is that the R3 backbone and pad push you forward in your seat, so that the seat sides are not securing the driver as well. if one gets into an accident with the R3 without a harness, I suppose it is better than nothing, but the shoulder harness do go over and push the backbone wings down. Without the push down, there will be more head movement.

Mark
I ended up getting the composite R3 Rage. With sliding harnesses it doesn't restrict my vision at all. I tried it one day without the pad; this was bearable as long as I sat very upright. Leaning forward any amount led to the backbone pressing uncomfortably against my back.

Either way, I had a pretty sore back at the end of the day. I'll definitely be using the pad next time out.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts