The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear this is not a scam. All you have to do is pick from 6 different companies (AOL, General Motors, BMG, all reputable companies) and sign up for one of their offers. At least check it out. I know at least 10 people that have actually received the Ipod. I would however suggest using an email that you don't mind getting SPAM on.

http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=7358393

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Aghhhhhhhh!

EliseTalk was my one bastion of refuge from the FreeIpod aggrandizing that has infected every message board like a pox.

Dammit. Now everyone else doing the FreeIpod scam will have to chime in with their own link.

And then you'll get the FreePlasmaTV guys started...

Can I petition Randy for some kind of TOS rule about the freeipods before they piss all over here too?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Besides, it is not a scam if the Ipods actually show up, right? Would companies like AOL, New York Times, Blockbuster, etc. lend their names to a scam?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I actually feel strongly that this is a bad idea. Good luck, but lets stop posting these now.

This would be any kind of referal based links that provides someone the ability to profit from.

The main problem with these from a forum owner perspective, is if it is okay for one person, it will be okay for everyone to post their own links asking for referals. That ends up reducing the signal/noise content. Something I feel protective about.

Thanks for your cooperation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts