The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up sick on Tuesday morning. I had a fever and a very sore throat. My wife suggested that I visit a doctor, but I decided against it, for several reasons.

First, I really expected to get better quickly. Second, I don't like visiting doctor's offices. We don't have traditional insurance, so any tests start costing me tires. Third, I'm a part time tough guy.

I slept almost all day Tuesday. Drinking water was kind of tough, because swallowing hurt. Late that night, I decided to wake up early and make an appointment.

Wednesday morning was hellish. All of the symptoms got worse, but especially the pain in my throat. Swallowing went from uncomfortable to painful.

Anyway, I was suffering from bacterial strep, which turns out to be good news. I got a $60 shot of penicillin, and prescriptions for hydrocodone and more antibiotics. (The hydrocodone was a mixed gift - I could now eat and drink, but my dreams became extremely vibrant and would wake me up. I couldn't sleep more than 30 minutes at a time.)

My whole point to the story is that if I had recognized the symptoms and treatment of strep, I would have made the appointment much sooner. For the edification of others, fever and sore throat pretty much spell it out. If you diarrhea, vomiting, etc. you probably don't have strep. Bacterial strep has a cheap, easy and effective treatment. It normally ruins your life for 5 days, with possible contagiousness for 3 weeks after. If you're treated, both of these are much reduced.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Did you recently kiss AgentTripleX? Just kidding. Hope you feel better.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Did you recently kiss AgentTripleX? Just kidding. Hope you feel better.
ouch..cheap shot..

OP glad it wasnt anything serious and your fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts