The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know whether these are supposed to be funny or idiotic.

Sadly enough, I think a lot of people who watch them will actually believe that it's faster than a Diablo :rolleyes:

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
grudkin said:
Hard to say, but I hope wagons kill off the SUV
Umm, what's the difference? No, really! What's the difference? Ground clearance? Head room? The only real difference I can see between an SUV and station wagon is that SUVs *used* to be built exclusively on truck chassis (body on frame). The latest SUVs are unibodys, really no different than station wagons. So, wagons already ARE in the process of killing off SUVs, as more and more unibodied SUVs appear.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There was an Esprit commercial, but last night there was a Diablo on there.

Either that or I was just really, really tired.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
MattG said:
Umm, what's the difference? No, really! What's the difference? Ground clearance? Head room? The only real difference I can see between an SUV and station wagon is that SUVs *used* to be built exclusively on truck chassis (body on frame). The latest SUVs are unibodys, really no different than station wagons. So, wagons already ARE in the process of killing off SUVs, as more and more unibodied SUVs appear.
Well, on average, most wagons weigh less (less ramming force), are smaller (less room required for parking/maneuvering), get better gas milage (albeit, only slightly), and are easier to see over. The Magnum is not a very good poster child for the more efficient wagon, but that doesn't change the fact that *most* wagons are friendlier in those regards.

True, SUVs are getting more car-like & less truck-like. All the more power to that trend. Even so, I'd prefer if the SUV were phased out all together. Better yet, I wish the taste of the American public would shift away from the huge SUV so that the only SUV purchases were made by those who truely need one - not just for hauling groceries, kids, or a piece of furniture once a year.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Little Bastard said:
The front of the "diablo" looks alot like an Esprit! WTF!? :confused:

Neil
i don't think it's a Diablo and certainly not an Esprit. It's that French sports car that was featured in Gran Tourismo games on Playstation

The Venturi Atlantique.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Evl said:
Explain? Not having children, I didn't know there was a difference in seting requirements for SUVs and cars?
there's not a difference in requirement..but anyone with 3 kids under the age of 8 can't get them all in anything but an SUV.

3 child seats won't fit across many (or any) wagons.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
atyclb said:
there's not a difference in requirement..but anyone with 3 kids under the age of 8 can't get them all in anything but an SUV.
Umm, are we forgetting about the most usefull family vehicle out there, the minivan? Car-like handling, MORE interior space than an SUV (lower floor helps), with fantastic utility.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts