The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a couple of buddies that disagree on this.

one tells me most younger gals (18+) wouldnt realize what a Lotus is, and will not be impressed. he says that a Corvette would impress more girls around here simply because everyone recognizes a Corvette and realize it is THE American Muscle Car.

another one says dont sweat it, girls will see how awesome the Lotus Elise looks and will be instantly impressed, that it could be a chick magnet. he told me to drive to the campus at Indiana University, park where the girls walk by, get a bottle of chilled champagne, and girls will stop left and right to have some champagne and check out the Lotus.

Thoughts posters?

Mike

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
For Younger girls (18-22) I can just drive with my jimmy out the window of the lotus and thats all thats needed. Older girls will notice but it will more more talking on your part to seal it. For drunk girls... well you know. In the end... its all on you. Even if someone notices the car... if your a lame then your just a lame.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
What is happening to our forum? :wallbang:

·
Registered
451 Posts
For Younger girls (18-22) I can just drive with my jimmy out the window of the lotus and thats all thats needed.
I can't believe we both use the "jimmy out the window" method. I replaced my side vents with mesh after an unfortunate accident - I assume you replaced yours for the same reason.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Girls like it until they try to get in and out of it, and learn how rough the ride is.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
What is happening to our forum? :wallbang:
+1000

OP, how old are you?? you buy a car for YOU, and not to attract girls. If your buying a car to attract girls then your not a car guy and doesn't belong in a lotus. Just like someone said above, your more likely attract 12yr boys with the lotus, good luck.

If you seriously just want to attract girls...why dont you get a bike?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I can't believe we both use the "jimmy out the window" method. I replaced my side vents with mesh after an unfortunate accident - I assume you replaced yours for the same reason.
Yeah you know how it is. It works though. Immature girls are the sh1t!

·
Registered
963 Posts
+1000

OP, how old are you?? you buy a car for YOU, and not to attract girls. If your buying a car to attract girls then your not a car guy and doesn't belong in a lotus. Just like someone said above, your more likely attract 12yr boys with the lotus, good luck.

+99999 Serpent :D Same stuff you said to me on the thread I asked about 'What car should I get, and will it attract attention' etc. Buy a lotus for the fun. If you want to attract attention (Idk if I'm old enough to give advice, I AM one of those "Bugs to a flashlight") but I'd suggest a Corvette or a Viper maybe. If you want a car for performance, a Lotus is Ideal, I've been told.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
+1000

OP, how old are you?? you buy a car for YOU, and not to attract girls. If your buying a car to attract girls then your not a car guy and doesn't belong in a lotus.

:sad: DARN!!! That's WHY the ONLY REASON I bought the Lotus!! I don't belong anymore!:sad:

Seriously, I've noticed the reactions of women when the Elise is parked in a parking lot. They LOOK AWAY IN SCORN!!!!

I tried a bike, actually a Schwinn, but no dice! I even tried a tricycle but no dice again! Maybe I should hang the fuzzy dice on the handle bar. What do you think?
Does a Lotus attract girls?

Definitely NO!!!

-Hal

·
Registered
475 Posts
No, girls reads car's magazines specially price lists and knows that despite the look Lotus are cheap than Ferrari, Porsche and Lambo so them are attracted by that.
:D

·
Registered
263 Posts
girls, maybe...

women, no.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am now a little more stupid for having read this post...

and if you ever sat at a college with champagne waiting on girls, not only would you be arrested for having an open container in a car, you would look like the biggest tool of a choade bastard that ever walked, so the car you're in wouldnt matter much at all!!

Besides, the previous posters are right. You buy a Lotus because it is one of the best performance automobiles ever built, not because it attracts girls.... or little boys.

On a side note, when is the last time you actually looked at a corvette... besides in your rearview! haha!! :shift:

·
Registered
519 Posts
i've got a couple of buddies that disagree on this.

one tells me most younger gals (18+) wouldnt realize what a Lotus is, and will not be impressed. he says that a Corvette would impress more girls around here simply because everyone recognizes a Corvette and realize it is THE American Muscle Car.

another one says dont sweat it, girls will see how awesome the Lotus Elise looks and will be instantly impressed, that it could be a chick magnet. he told me to drive to the campus at Indiana University, park where the girls walk by, get a bottle of chilled champagne, and girls will stop left and right to have some champagne and check out the Lotus.

Thoughts posters?

Mike

Get new friends... rotfl

Drive by a college with a bottle of champagne? How hard up are people for women?

(Besides, its IU, its not that hard to get decent women)

Its been my experience that the Lotus does attract girls attention, but for all the wrong reasons. They look at it as an expensive Ferrari-like car, thus its an indicator of your wealth. Do you really want these types of girls? Its fun for a short period of time, costly (in more ways than one) in the long term.

For the posts about the Elise/Exige attracting guys, thats hilarious. My evo suffers from that as well. Guys will drive by and stare, rev their engines etc. I cant even put gas in it without younger guys coming over and asking me what "mods I have. Girls absolutely hate it and dont understand the attraction to a goofy sedan with a huge wing, which to me is the perfect female reaction.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
+99999 Serpent :D Same stuff you said to me on the thread I asked about 'What car should I get, and will it attract attention' etc. Buy a lotus for the fun. If you want to attract attention (Idk if I'm old enough to give advice, I AM one of those "Bugs to a flashlight") but I'd suggest a Corvette or a Viper maybe. If you want a car for performance, a Lotus is Ideal, I've been told.
I think you are lost. You know a Viper or Corvette are fast right?

The Lotus is not faster, it just feels great. Most people would hate the car on a daily basis. It is not a real car. It is a toy. If all you want to do is get chicks save your money on cars and get hookers. That is guaranteed to work. And cheaper.

1 - 20 of 317 Posts