The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Terry
2,192 Posts
If anyone got a front license plate holder sitting around in garage, I would like to buy it or rent it from you for 3 days. I don't feel like making one my own and i don't want to pay $85 for a piece of metal sheet + screws..... I only need it for a day to get my ticket write off at the police station and will take it off right away and return it to you. Hook me up if you are in NorCal and have a front license plate holder :)
Thank you in advance!

i'll pay $50 if you are selling
or $20 if you are renting
or some beer if you let me borrow it

I'll also pay for shipping.

email:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Sure I've got one. Wil drop you an email.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Terry
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
still looking....

this or something close to this is what I'm looking for by the way.
and it's for exige clam

·
Registered
954 Posts
Terry, just zip-tie your plate on (and cut the plate off when you get home). That's what I did (and what most people do) to get my plate signed off. The cop didn't even come out and look at my car. He just signed off on the ticket. I guess some cops are smart enough to think that if you bothered to come get them sign off on your ticket, you probably fixed the problem.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
You can take that stock bracket, drill a hole through it, and bolt it to your tow hook point. Attach plate, done.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Terry, just zip-tie your plate on (and cut the plate off when you get home). That's what I did (and what most people do) to get my plate signed off. The cop didn't even come out and look at my car. He just signed off on the ticket. I guess some cops are smart enough to think that if you bothered to come get them sign off on your ticket, you probably fixed the problem.
not always lol my friend glued magnets inside his bumper on his mustang. They were strong enough to where it took quite a bit of effort to pull it off. The cop walked out, gave it a pull and it came off so he had to end up doing something else.

But ya when I got my exige, the plate was zip tied to the tow hook

·
Terry
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh I just failed the inspection because of zip ties actually. The police told me no zip ties ever. Guess I met a tough one lol

If no one has it i guess I'll have to DIY this weekend.... Really don't want to though!! :(

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
You can take that stock bracket, drill a hole through it, and bolt it to your tow hook point. Attach plate, done.
Yes.

IMG_6148 by philethier, on Flickr

Note that you drill out the four studs on the stock bracket. The 8mm full-thread stainless bolt comes from McMaster-Carr.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Oh I just failed the inspection because of zip ties actually. The police told me no zip ties ever. Guess I met a tough one lol
That sucks! I must've gotten a nice cop on a good day, then! :)

·
Anthony
604 Posts
Terry, just saw this -- let me know if you still need to borrow one. I have the Fast Toys one. Pm me your address and I can ship it out tomorrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts