The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Kodak easy share camera. Its a cx6230, it was $180bux.

Ive looked and looked and cant find a way to resize my pics! If anyone has this software or camera please let me know. I'd show you an example pic but the site wont let me attach a file that big!

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I dont think so, it just came with the Kodak CD. I can edit out red eye, make the pics into slide shows,crop, adjust exposure, even make the damn things look like sepia, coloring book images or cartoons even! But I cant resize the darn things!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Not familiar with the kodak software, but if it's like adobe, perhaps you have a tab that says "internet" or something which should help. Does the software come with a help index.

I'm sure somewhere buried in their is the resizing (also altering resolution as well).

Chris

·
Registered
178 Posts
resizing photos

This may come too late to help, but just found your request. Windows usually comes with some kind of 'paint' or photo editing program. Mine had Microsoft Photo Editor. In that, you open a file/photo, click on 'Image' on the window header and then choose 'Resize', changing the % to something less than 100. I work with Corel and the PhotoPaint part of it allows you to 'Resample' an Image, doing basically the same thing. If you're interested in actual file size, you may need to go to Windows Explorer to see that, especially since .jpg files are compressed and resizing with 'Resample' in PhotoPaint shows the uncompressed size. Of course, you also want to make sure you don't make it such a small file size that picture quality becomes unacceptable. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Just open the software and hit the "F1" button. That will open the help menu. There, you can probably "Search" for "resizing" or look at the "Index".

As for photo-editing, I've personally never used the crap that comes free with a camera. It's anemic. I suggest that everyone learn to use either Adobe Photoshop or (if you have no budget for photo software) Jasc Paint Shop Pro (which is free for personal use).

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Jenn,
Try exporting the image as a .jpg. In most softwar programs jpg export options you get to pic the size of the image, so when you're just sending a quicky pic to a friend you don't send them a 1 Mb file.
HTH,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts