The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Official word from the factory is that Aftersales has not yet released them BUT they will contact me when that occurs. It's a matter of production at this point. Once the GTE is in full manufacture, the individual parts will begin to become available. Please pm me if interested and I'll start a list.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Bear in mind the front access design has changed on the GTE since that rendering (and no longer interchangeable), plus the GTE hasn't been finalised, I think you'll be waiting a while then.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If the regular Evora looked like this i'd be FAR more interested ... The curernt Evora for me lacks the sexy curves of the Elise and the aggressiveness i'd want for anything other than an Elise ... But this is hot looking!

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
A lot of Elise owners have changed such slats to wire mesh. I'd need to see the slats in person, but as an Elise owner I really appreciate the quality of the sturdy mesh on the Evora.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
The wire mesh is so much easier to keep looking sharp than the louvers etc that wobble. (always wondered which piece would fall out first but so far they're all in place)
Why is it that some folks are always contrarian? Elige owners hated the louvers and had custom mesh inserts made, now its the opposite. pretty amusing how far folks will go to be "different" as if owning an Evora isn't different enough. Ferraris are common in comparison.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
The ultimate mod a glass cover showing an engine cover that reads "CAMRY" We can call that the Japanese edition. Just needs a gong for a horn and you have exclusivity!

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I have talked to sector111, and they can order the part but you must order the whole kit through them since they won't sell the parts in sections. They quoted me 7300$... The gentleman I have been working with there name is Matt Ext. 204...i was also looking just for the engine cover and the rear wing, So we will see what I plan on doing in the end. Hopefully this was helpful, and good luck!

Lotus noob

Edit: Referring to Notorious's comment.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I am thinking $500 for the rear Louvers only. I would get my local glass company to change it our like a windshield replacement. They have some awesome glue.

If enough of us show interest, perhaps they can "part it out".

Group buy?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts