The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be buying a 1980 non-turbo esprit that needs LOTS of work but can't find any reference materials anywhere on the web. Does anyone have any photos of theirs that I could use for reference? I'm looking for any photos; mainly close-ups, of the front trunk, interior, engine enclosure, engine, etc.

It would also be great if whomever may have a 1980 can tell me where I might find parts (carpet, interior miscellaneous, engine tune up things, suspension maintenance things, etc.) because this car needs a TOTAL restoration..

Thanks. :sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep:

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
I may be buying a 1980 non-turbo esprit that needs LOTS of work but can't find any reference materials anywhere on the web. Does anyone have any photos of theirs that I could use for reference? I'm looking for any photos; mainly close-ups, of the front trunk, interior, engine enclosure, engine, etc.

It would also be great if whomever may have a 1980 can tell me where I might find parts (carpet, interior miscellaneous, engine tune up things, suspension maintenance things, etc.) because this car needs a TOTAL restoration..

Thanks. :sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep:
Tom.
Is it the yellow Esprit with flood damage?
Jason

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it's not the yellow one. I saw that one, it's in alot better condition than the one I'm looking at!

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
I owned a 1980 car back in the day. I'll look around and see what pics I can find.

Where are you finding these cars? I might be interested in restoring one...

In terms of sources, check out sports car world in Texas and Lotus Prepared By Claudius Inc..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the info, I'll check out that site.

Regarding where to find these cars, it's been a four year search for me; as the years roll by, you learn where all the S1, S2's are located in the U.S.....

Most of these oldies are tucked away in dark garages where they've been for years...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts