The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to see if anyone has a copy of the Toyota EA60 service manual? I wasn't able to find one in my searching this morning.

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
I think Lotus' agreement with Toyota on that information prevents them from providing them electronically. VSIC recommends buying them directly from a dealer, using part # T000T1517F. But damn it's pricey. A bit cheaper via DeRoure.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Or you can find it free by Googling. Hint: the Evora and OP's Exige have an Aisin BG6 transmission, and it was used on many different makes/models.

IMHO you don't really need the manual if you've ever rebuilt a transaxle before -- no special magic in this one.

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
Ah, that's helpful WoH. Aside from the actual gears used, I'm guessing the rest of is the same, regardless of the vehicle it refers to.

·
Illegal Alien
5,138 Posts
Ah, that's helpful WoH. Aside from the actual gears used, I'm guessing the rest of is the same, regardless of the vehicle it refers to.
And the Lotus parts Books have that stuff

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Or you can find it free by Googling. Hint: the Evora and OP's Exige have an Aisin BG6 transmission, and it was used on many different makes/models.

IMHO you don't really need the manual if you've ever rebuilt a transaxle before -- no special magic in this one.
I didn't think it would be especially hard, I mostly wanted to know the synchro measurements becuase I am rebuilding a trans I never drove I don't know what synchros need replaced.

Are you sure that the BG6 is the right transmission? Someone said the same thing to me on FB I think when I was looking before, but I thought at the time it was not correct for some reason that I can't remember now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts