The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a check in the mail and have no idea what it's for - which makes me think, "Hey, I should I have a better system for this."

What does anyone else use for invoicing? Is there something that makes an invoice, then allows you to set it to "PAID" later, and maybe tallies all of it up. Something like quickbooks, I guess. Maybe Quickbooks is the best solution?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I use Quickbooks Pro.

I do at least 10 invoices a day.

It is not good for complex assemblies and inventory control. I hear Peachtree is better for that.

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Quickbooks Pro. It allows you to set up estimates, invoices, A/R, and all of your accounts, and it allows you to partially bill an estimate, either by item or by percentage, and it allows you to have multiple payments on an invoice, and to apply payments to an invoice in part or in full, at which point the invoice is flagged "PAID". If you're not a bookkeeper or accountant, it's a lot to learn, but the good thing is that you can start without knowing it all and work your way up from there.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Ditto all that. I use Quickbooks Pro for basic time tracking and invoicing, and have been very pleased. It's not the easiest program to use when it comes to changing settings or customizing the invoices, but the functionality is there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts