The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May be interested in purchasing this vehicle if I can get the price down. It may be a long shot, but does anyone know anything about this car, maybe a previous owner?

Car Listing on Cargurus

Also, is that supercharger the standard Lotus supercharger that was built with the original vehicle?

If I were to purchase this car from the dealer, do you think I should spend the money to get it third party inspected also?

Thanks to whomever helps me out!

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
I don’t know but it looks super nice. Yes, is the original factory supercharger. I have the same and it has been very reliable.

·
Registered
235 Posts
May be interested in purchasing this vehicle if I can get the price down. It may be a long shot, but does anyone know anything about this car, maybe a previous owner?

Car Listing on Cargurus

Also, is that supercharger the standard Lotus supercharger that was built with the original vehicle?

If I were to purchase this car from the dealer, do you think I should spend the money to get it third party inspected also?

Thanks to whomever helps me out!
Yes. Get it inspected. The dealer isn't going to do you any favors spotting things that may be off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. Get it inspected. The dealer isn't going to do you any favors spotting things that may be off.
Do you have a recommendation of where I can find a place to do PPI? There is a lotus dealership by me but it is over an hour away from this dealership.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I don’t think Lotus had factory super charged engines available until 2007.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't know anything about this car specifically, but if you are looking for someone in the area to take a look at the car, I know the owner of Cincinnati Supercars is a big Lotus guy. You might be able to contact him and see if he could help you out. It looks like they are about 10 min down the road from the dealership where the car is at. Good luck in your search!

·
Less is Better
2,378 Posts
Low miles, sport and touring pack, hard top, and supercharged. That price seems about right.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Do you have a recommendation of where I can find a place to do PPI? There is a lotus dealership by me but it is over an hour away from this dealership.
Sorry I do not. A one hour drive does not seem too much to ask the seller for a proper PPI. Certainly a Lotus dealer would know how to PPI a car like this quickly and for good cost.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know anything about this car specifically, but if you are looking for someone in the area to take a look at the car, I know the owner of Cincinnati Supercars is a big Lotus guy. You might be able to contact him and see if he could help you out. It looks like they are about 10 min down the road from the dealership where the car is at. Good luck in your search!

Do you have his/her name? I may give them a call to see if they can do the ppi for a fee.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took this car for a test drive. It was my first time in an Elise, so I have no comparison and I'm no expert on the car. Seemed to drive OK, started fine, no weird noises or feelings that I could tell when driven. Seemed to have plenty of power. I only got to take it around the block, they were a bit reluctant to let me test drive it. One odd thing was the temperature never came up, it was blank the whole time, even after 15 minutes of running. It was a cool day, maybe 45, so perhaps that had something to do with it. There was no documentation for any work that may have been done, for the supercharger or otherwise. The car had some outside wear, lots of scratches on the lights, the clam felt rough to the touch near that area also. A baseball size piece of the front clam was missing underneath near the front. Inside, the black plastic on the top of the door was completely broken, other side was breaking but still intact. They didn't know a lot about the car, they're definitely not Lotus experts. I was hesitant to pursue further, so I passed.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
I can't quite make out that VIN...but there are few enough of these out there that you might be able to search for it's history. For that matter, the PO may have been on LT asking questions that could tell you something about the car.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Thats quite normal. Takes 10mins in normal weather so at 45 itd take a while.
Definitely not normal. The thermostat is stuck open. A moderately common occurrence for the stock thermostat with age.

At 40 degrees F, my car shows temp on the gauge in less than 5 minutes and the coolant is fully up to temperature within 10 minutes.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Definitely not normal. The thermostat is stuck open. A moderately common occurrence for the stock thermostat with age.

At 40 degrees F, my car shows temp on the gauge in less than 5 minutes and the coolant is fully up to temperature within 10 minutes.
Yeah youre right. I guess it just feels like forever. Timed mine this morning and it was about 6mins to 165 and 10mins to 190.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the write-up, I'm also looking at this car. Any pics of the hole?
No picture. It was on the front left, edge of the clam under the car. It looked like someone had taken a bite out of it, about that size. I didn't see any other cracks around it but I didn't inspect it too closely.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts