The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried to contact the owner of this vehicle for a few days with no response:

The car has Pennsylvania registration stickers, but is advertised in Vienna, Virginia. The ad states the owner's name as Christopher Potter, however the voicemail greeting on the number is the default 'read the number back' greeting. I also sent an email through the advertising site and didn't receive a response.

I'm eager to contact him, as this is the twin of my car which was totaled at Watkins Glen last year and he's local.

If anyone knows the car and owner, please send him my way. I can be reached through this site, by telephone at 703-868-2379 or by email at smindustries at gmail.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
485 Posts
I Had talked to him. Very hard to get in touch with. He told me that he hit a pothole at 15 mph and no mechanical damage but the clam had to be replaced. I passed on the car

It seems very hard to find a car that has not had clam repair/replaced.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Had talked to him. Very hard to get in touch with. He told me that he hit a pothole at 15 mph and no mechanical damage but the clam had to be replaced. I passed on the car

It seems very hard to find a car that has not had clam repair/replaced.
Thank you very much! I was beginning to think it was a scam. Did he give you any other information? In the first image, the seats do not appear stock. Do you know if the car has any other modifications?

·
Registered
485 Posts
My question is what kind of pothole requires a clam replacement bit according to seller wheel was perfect, no dent, no alignment problem?

He also stated that some of the pics are not of his car but just generic as he did not have a camera handy.

I did not feel comfortable to proceed further. But then again I have not seen the car and it might be perfect.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My question is what kind of pothole requires a clam replacement bit according to seller wheel was perfect, no dent, no alignment problem?

He also stated that some of the pics are not of his car but just generic as he did not have a camera handy.

I did not feel comfortable to proceed further. But then again I have not seen the car and it might be perfect.
Well, ****. Maybe it is a scam. I was itching to buy another orange Elise this weekend. The fact that the car was local was the deal-maker. I'm tired of flying out to look at cars and then either driving them back or flying home because they're not right.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Hey Smitty,

We've got a CO Elise in the next town over. I'll let you know when he sells it if you're still looking. I wish I had known about you wanting one about 1 month ago. The new owner bought it from a friend of mine :(.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts