The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if anyone knows of this car
SCCPC11135HL31326

Salvage 2005 Lotus Elise with VIN SCCPC11135HL31326 on auction by Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wanted to see if the owner could give more info on the damage. Looks like he ran into something. The problem is how far back under the car the damage goes to. If it were just te front clam I would be all over this one, the problem is it was a big rock and he went over it, damaging the chassis.

Any help is welcomed.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Primary damage reads "undercarriage" so I would assume it's the front crash structure that needs to be replaced as well, if not the suspension mounting points and some wrinkled aluminum underneath.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I would stay far far away from undercarriage damage. Notice how they don't show any pictures of the interior or undercarriage. Chances are, the aluminum tub has been badly damaged, AKA major frame damage.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
It's a total dice roll. There could be almost nothing significant damaged underneath or it could be a "parts car". Some of the sheet metal might be bent that is bolted on and cracks in the crash structure which would be easy to deal with.

Chances are good that someone local will look the car over and bid according to what they see which will be more than you are willing to pay blind, plus shipping and broker fees.

FYI: By posting this you have more exposure and Lotus guys interested in the car which will just make the situation worse.

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
>Repair Est $19,000 USD

It would have to be essentially free for it to be worth it to me to take the chance.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
I would want to see it before I made any decision.

·
Registered
134 Posts
This car was rebuilt by Wire Wheel in Vero Beach, FL and I was the original rebuild purchaser around July 2014. Unfortunately I only had it for a little over a month and I was struck head on by a drunk driver heading home from work one evening. I just dug through some old files to find and search the vin # and see what became of it. I ended up buying it back from insurance and selling it back to Wire Wheel since insurance low balled me I was able to get somewhat close to my original purchase price. Hope someone can provide an update!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts