The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is about the size of a nickle and makes a sound like tapping on a good glass with a spoon.. tink, tink every 5 seconds. The beeping starts when the key is inserted and stops when the key is removed, I tried removing it and the alarm system went wild, all the little lights flashing on the dash and other alarm noises. Wired it back in but still goes tink, tink every 5 seconds.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add this important fact: I jumpered out the immobilizer with the jumper plug and the darn thing still goes tink , tink every 5 seconds. Then un jumpered and have the mobilizer back to factory.

·
Administrator
1,805 Posts
So you traced it down to that! Wow good for you and your tenacity! From the sounds of it either find it or go crazy.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Pretty sure that's a surveillance module. Standard DEA issue. You moving some major product?

Just kidding, of course.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
is it the open door dinger thingy?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Thats what I was thinking as well. It looks like a buzzer speaker for such things like when you have the door left open/key in. When I was having issues with my Evora's parking sensors I thought this was the culprit...the speaker looked just like that. Every time I put it in reverse it would emit a distorted buzzing sound. Turned out not to be the speaker but the array itself.

·
Premium Member
2006 Exige
122 Posts
I think it's a motion detector, part of alarm system
Thats what I was thinking as well. It looks like a buzzer speaker for such things like when you have the door left open/key in. When I was having issues with my Evora's parking sensors I thought this was the culprit...the speaker looked just like that. Every time I put it in reverse it would emit a distorted buzzing sound. Turned out not to be the speaker but the array itself.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
@hvymtlmcn not sure about it being a motion sensor. There is a microwave sensor to detect movement and folks reaching into the car when the tops off but thats a rectangular box. That looks to be more of a buzzer speaker.

Still a mystery so who knows!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used a jumper plug and took the cobra system out. Shouldn’t have anything to do with security, other than the alarm system went wild when I removed it. Had to rewire it in to shut off the alarm. I think there might be a micro switch in the ignition switch. Put key in beeping starts continues beeping until key is removed. Except the fact the alarm system went nuts when I removed it. Right now it is wrapped in foam and stuffed into the foam in the drivers side rocker panel

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used a jumper plug and took the cobra system out. Shouldn’t have anything to do with security, other than the alarm system went wild when I removed it. Had to rewire it in to shut off the alarm. I think there might be a micro switch in the ignition switch. Put key in beeping starts continues beeping until key is removed. Except the fact the alarm system went nuts when I removed it. Right now it is wrapped in foam and stuffed into the foam in the drivers side rocker panel
I agree with buzzer speaker but can’t figure out what it is suppose to skeet you of

1 - 10 of 10 Posts