The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone track their cars in Ohio? I see lots of track dates here but no responses.

I just came from the Chicago area where we have a very active group. We would have up to 25 Eliges for a single spirited drive and at least 4 or 5 cars at track events.

I learned to race my car on the back country roads of Ohio so I know we have people used to twisty roads.

Please let me know what is going on for the summer and I will post my events.

My first will be Gingerman on July 5th and 6th. Should be interesting since I get home from Afghanistan on July 2nd (hopefully!)

My car is at Gator Motorsport in Indy getting track prepped for the new season. TJ is the finest Lotus mechanic in the states and has a background of preping races cars too. if you are in Indy, you should stop and say HI and check out their shop and the OMG cars they sell

I will be tent camping for this event unless I can find a room available

Hope to hear from you guys and to see you soon

Darrin

·
Registered
831 Posts
Who are you doing the event with at Gingerman?

I just got done with a day there yesterday. Glorious weather.

If you can get to Gingerman (which is NOT in Ohio) you can get to Gratten. There is a weekend event by Great Lakes Lotus Club in October.

It would be good to get more of our cars out to these tracks this summer. Il post some dates as well.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andy, I believe we have both been at Gingerman at the same time a few times when I was living in Chicago.

I do not believe I had the wing when I was there last. We were helping the guy with the CUP car with the messed up transmission.

This pic is from Blackhawk

Darrin

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
I don't track mine, but I do the occasional spirited drive with the columbus cars and coffee group.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mid-Ohio this Thursday with 10/10ths...MVSCC autocross at Wilmington next Sunday. There are a few of us who do the autocross events with Cincy SCCA and MVSCC. I usually get out to 2 or 3 of the 10/10ths track days.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hey Darrin yes I remember you. I think that was the time an instructor messed up your sill.

What part of Ohio are you in?

Shoot me a PM. I'll tell you when some events in West Michigan are going on. And if you're anywhere mid Ohio come on up and check out Waterford Hills. I know several Lotus guys who show up there regularly. It's a lot of fun to get out on the track at the same time.

Andy

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is Mid Ohio the only track around? I have done many HPDE with LAPS, CGI, PAC and several of the tracks open days at Autobahn, (North, South and Full track) Blackhawk and Gingerman.

Really looking forward to Gratten as from the vids it looks like it has a lot of elevation changes

Would love to do Mid Ohio.

I land in Ohio on July 2nd and have already signed up for the 5th and 6th at Gingerman. Looks like I will be going up on the 4th and tenting it

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Andy811,

I used to live in the Piqua/Troy area. We will have to get together for some drives. You have a beautiful powder/light blue Exige if I remember correctly. I remember you posting about it a while back

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm game to get together sometime for a drive. Just send me a message when you're in town.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts