The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this has been asked before, but Does Black package automatically mean sport package? i cuoldnt find an answer in search.

the car im looking at ('06 elise), it has the black rear diffuser and black 7 twin spoke wheels , are these the same forged LSS wheels?
does this mean that it has sport pack aswell with twin oil coolers, Adjustable ride height suspension and lighter exhaust?
the car is in another state at a a dealer i asked but they where not sure.
is there a link that details all the packages offered in the past.
or does the VIN decode the options added?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Nope Black pack just means black accents including rear diffuser, rims, and gas cap. There might be more someone else can chime in.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Nope. The black package is completely separate. It is just black wheels and diffuser, if I recall correctly.

Edit: Well V-Raptor beat me to it. However, the black package on the 06 at least does NOT include the gas cap.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
My bad on the gas cap.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Well actually I guess the mean of cap has been confusing. The cap is black on all the cars but the gas cap Cover will be silver on all the cars:D.

·
Registered
999 Posts
OK, just to avoid any confusion, here's what the 2006 Lotus Elise Optional Equipment spec sheet said:

"Black Wheels - $250: Standard Elise Cast Wheels in Matte Black Painted Finish with Black Diffuser."

To the OP, the Sport Pack specs:
"Sport Pack – $2,480: Lightweight Forged Aluminum Wheels
with Yokohama A048 Advan LTS Tires and Lotus Sport
Tuned Suspension."

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Not a sure thing 'cause they could have changed wheels, but the sport pack has 195s up front as opposed to the stock 175s.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Adding to the potential confusion - as of the '06 model year you could also order forged wheels as a standalone option separate from the Sport Pack. They look the same as the Sport Pack forged wheels, but they are the same width as the stock/base wheels.

Also, FWIW, the Sport Pack doesn't have a different exhaust. You might be thinking of the Stage II, which is lighter and has different slash-cut tips, which was an after-sales option on all Elises/Exiges.

Good luck with the search.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
It means the car comes with a free black guy to be your friend.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
rotfl

I think a black woman would be better.

You have to choose your preference. I did choose the black girl as my option. I took it back later though. They one they gave me was broken.

·
Registered
912 Posts
You have to choose your preference. I did choose the black girl as my option. I took it back later though. They one they gave me was broken.
So you must have gotten Rhianna with yours originally.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
So you must have gotten Rhianna with yours originally.
Nah. They gave me Halle Berry. I was trying to take her back after a couple nights.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts

Ms. Berry...holy smokes. You took her back??
Yeah she fits in the same category as 90% of the other ladies I have..... Beautiful and Stone Crazy. But crazy = great sex so you have to make sure you keep a couple of the crazies around.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Those are the LSS wheels from the sports package.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
HAHA I was the first to answer both your questions. Man I am fast, if only I could be this fast when thing I want are put up for sale.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts