The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw this lambo going down Magnolia in HB, is that anything like CO?

FYI I took the pic with my Sony Ericsson P900 smart phone and I am using it now to do this post:)

www.expansys-usa.com

That is where you can get all of the cool toys they have in England, like a P900:D

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
I do not know if your question is rhetorical or not but I too was curiuous about the way CO looked. So I called around the local dealers to see if anyone had a CO Esprit to look at (there are four dealers within an hours drive of North Jersey). Mark, the owner of the Greenwich, CT Lotus dealer said that he had the last U.S. CO Esprit coming off of the boat. I went to his warehouse and took a look at the Esprit, a 340R, and an Exige in race trim. I took some pictures and will post them. The S1 below was the pic that really made me think about changing, but the Esprit was much darker in person so I stayed with Saffron. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Here is image 1 from Greenwich (I hope this works. Does anyone have an easy way to size these pics to the proper size? Paint works but the math does not always follow what comes out so it is trial and error.)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
same car as above - Mark has it listed on ebay now...

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that yellow Esprit Saffron? It is nice to se the CO and SY in the same shot so that you can compare them.

The Lambo orange seems to be much lighter than CO.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,105 Posts
Color can vary significantly based upon lighting. I think it is fair to compare the two Esprit in the warehouse. Unfortunately the Lambo was shot outside in bright sunlight so it will look different than the Esprit shot inside a dark warehouse (even if they were the same color).

Let's try comparing these two:

Same color, different lighting. Looks dramatically different. Now off course it is possible that Lotus has changed the color formulation for CO since the top Esprit is a few years old.

I think the top picture is a better one to use to compare to your Lambo.

·
Registered
81 Posts
According to the dealer, the Esprit was a kind of yellow that I do not remember the name. However, Mark stated that it was a yellow which was the same hue, tone (whatever the correct word is) as saffron yellow, but that the Esprit was a metallic yellow whereas saffron will not be.

My 0.02 about CO is that it has been darkened from the S1 and earlier Esprit shown. Even inside the warehouse, the color had changed more toward the lava orange. Here's a thought: Lotus supplies the dealers with some kind of color charts/samples. I know that it is a novel idea but it might just catch on.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think there is a big difference between CO and the Lambo orange. When you look at these two pictures it is more apparent.

Patrick
2005 Elise

Attachments

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CO does not seem to "look" metallic but the Lambo orange looks like it is on fire. I am going to guess that the Lambo paint job costs a lot more...

Patrick
2005 Elise

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
A brand new Lambo showed up at the autocross this last weekend. Sweet car.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Looks like the same color to me. The Sun is behind the Lambo in one pic and the sun is behind the camera in the other. The shade changes make me think it is the same color. Does anyone know the paintcode for the Lambo?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts