The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Apparently there are no issues in decatting and there will be power gains but you will receive an engine check light.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
even though i kind of knew the answer, i was hoping it wasn't so. i think the solution to my problem is simply to get a really heavy duty cat that can take the heat.

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
You can always just clear it with a $30 scanner every few hundred miles.
I'll let you know if my latest piece of electric alchemy to permanently clear it works :popcorn:

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I've driven probably 1000 miles since installing my WeaponR header. The car had some issues the very first time I started it, but within about 15 seconds it got the air/fuel ratios in line and started idleing normal. I have a wideband air/fuel meter installed as well so I have been able to keep things under watch. At WOT my A/F's are about 13.0:1, which is still pretty good for an all motor vehicle. I have had no check engine light during this period.

The only caution I give about my setup is that CharlieX did some slight work on my ECU for the previous owner, so I don't know if he tweaked any tolerances or anything that would keep the secondary O2 sensor from throwing a catalytic effeciency code. In other words I can't guarentee my results on a stock car.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I don't get CELs unless I let the car idle too long, (like 10 min.) and then even if it does come on, I simply remove the code and reset the ECU and it's fine again. This happens every few hundred miles on average (but only when it idles too long).

Right now, the car is running well. I've done at least 1500 miles with my Weapon-R header. Love it :p

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I don't get CELs unless I let the car idle too long, (like 10 min.) and then even if it does come on, I simply remove the code and reset the ECU and it's fine again. This happens every few hundred miles on average (but only when it idles too long).

Right now, the car is running well. I've done at least 1500 miles with my Weapon-R header. Love it :p
You shouldn't be seeing MILs. Make sure it's snugged up all the way.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
You shouldn't be seeing MILs. Make sure it's snugged up all the way.

If it happens again, I'll call Weapon-R for the 20th time and see what's up. They claim that the '06+ cars have a more sensitive ECU than the '05s so I would need to tweak the CEL eliminator again and again...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts