The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Sector111 site says that the Larini SE dual-tip exhaust is not for supercharged cars.

Have a friend looking at an S... he likes the dual-tip exhaust with the Euro-style through-the-grills setup

What are the options?

I wonder if Jim at 2bular could make one...

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I'm interested too Qball, I have a Larini on my BWR car. My guess is it's pretty choked up, though I havent popped anything off. Maybe Jim could make a muffler box replacement to Larini spec?

I think the GT3 looks nice, but is a single tip, and it does have a custom grill.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts

2Bular - Performance Exhausts

says: "2/. The “Euro-Exit system (old S2, K-Series style) for the Toyota-engined cars, n/a and Supercharged. Pics below.

"This is a Straight-Thru design".

The std Cat pipe blocks most of the LH exit in the grille panel. I could have come down on the pipe size to clear it but I wanted a full-bore, Straight-Thru system – more power and on the Supercharged installs, essential!

This means a different Cat pipe layout.

Noise-wise, this system isn’t going to meet UK Trackday noise limits. You need a large, one-piece system for that.

BTW, the Panel Kit struts are a new design – available soon!

I want to put some miles on this system before it’s released for production. Grille panels and diffuser blanking panel will have to be sorted out too."

Sounds good to me. I am emailing him now.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Just sent to Jim:

Hi Jim

I hope all is well, I currently have a 05 USA spec car with a BWR sc, and a larini dual outlet, through the grilles exhaust. I understand I'm probably severely limiting my HP with this muffler, aside from your new product which I guess is still in testing, is there any way to replace the muffler portion but leave the piping of the larini?

Ideally I also want a sport cat, with bungs for a wideband.

What are your thoughts? Ideally I don't want to spend a million dollars, but I'd love a better solution.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Jim called me from the UK :) Wow, what a nice guy, talk about good PR.

Here's the long/short of it. He's re-jigging the prototype above to allow for additional clearance to keep the lower tubes from hitting the diffuser under engine movement. Sounds like a great solution, but will likely be in R/D and testing for another few months. My brief call convinced me Jim is the real deal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I want that exhaust !!!
Jim, make the expansion chambers smaller so the sound will become really "racy" and inrease the number of loud "pops" :)

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
The "through-the-grill" dual look that I think of is like this:
Supercharged Elise.jpg
I love this look on the Elise. This was recently purchased by a new Michigan LT Fourm member IIR. I have no idea where the mods were found...

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Larini sport Exhaust

I installed the Larini SE on my Exige S with the Larini sport cat (my car has the Lotus racing motor mounts) and have no problems (run on 93 octane fuel). I have not dyno'd yet, but it seems quicker on the track. Like the sound of it, although probably a bit much for everyday driving.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I have the SE on my car too, but if you look @ Sector 111's site, they say it's not recommended for supercharged cars. I had some PM's with Fred @ BWR and he says the later ones are ok, they have 2.5" piping. Mine is an earlier design, I think it’s pretty narrow in places and has some hard transitions that are probably leaving some HP on the table.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I am very interested in some more information about this. I am in the process of installing the BWR supercharger and I have the Larini SE exhaust but only bought it a few months ago. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts

Deam. It looks sexy. Just wonder how does it sound.

My car S240 has stock cat + LTS Stage II, which sound excellent, racy, in cold start, high rev, low rev, down shift, puff like WRX with release gas paddle, sound like 430 in tunnel. :cool:

But the drone is terrible when going uphill in just enough gas paddle (it is better whenfloor the paddle). Or in 4K to 5K RPM.-eek-

Just wonder if replace with the LTS sport Cat will help the drone or not? :rolleyes:

The main question is will this 2Bular - Performance Exhausts whole setup will have sound like 430. If so, Paypel will be ready anytime when the new 2Bular - Performance Exhausts released. :drool:

By the why any sound clip.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Deam. It looks sexy. Just wonder how does it sound.

My car S240 has stock cat + LTS Stage II, which sound excellent, racy, in cold start, high rev, low rev, down shift, puff like WRX with release gas paddle, sound like 430 in tunnel. :cool:

But the drone is terrible when going uphill in just enough gas paddle (it is better whenfloor the paddle). Or in 4K to 5K RPM.-eek-

Just wonder if replace with the LTS sport Cat will help the drone or not? :rolleyes:

The main question is will this 2Bular - Performance Exhausts whole setup will have sound like 430. If so, Paypel will be ready anytime when the new 2Bular - Performance Exhausts released. :drool:

By the why any sound clip.
Sound samples? :shrug:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts