The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Limerock in CT do track days? Also is a track day racing or driving at your own pace? cause i dont want to race. Also can track use be added to an insurance policy?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, I was looking for an open track type thing where you can start and stop when you want. Like go out and do a few laps, go back in, just do whatever. Not organized racing. Im not sure something like this even exists. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
613 Posts
It's my understanding that Lime Rock has moved up the planned Lime Rock Club repaving to this June. This will probably play havoc with most club scheduling at LRP this year. The work will include repaving the existing configuraion and building an emasculated track with some squared-off corners inside the current track to slow down the newbies with more money than gonads or talent.

·
Registered
820 Posts
If you've not been on track before, HPDE is the best way to go. Ian runs a good event (SCDA), safest as far as those types of groups go at LRP... except maybe BMWCCA.

Would not suggest an open-track type format for a novice, no instruction, and plenty of ways to mess up.
My 0.02

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Lime Rock has just opened there membership club this year with a $100,000 life time buy in and $5k/year service fee(could be different don't quote me). They've been having a great membership drive lately with tracks days and lots of other gatherings all over NYC and CT. They are repaving shortly and will add on a whole members garage and prep area. I was at the ALMS race there back in June and got added to the list so they email all the events and I'm sure it's not hard to get added.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Lime Rock has just opened there membership club this year with a $100,000 life time buy in and $5k/year service fee(could be different don't quote me).
This is a complete joke; 20 days access per year, and only 8 during the summer months. For $100k. Right. :shrug:

I can't wait until the new track in Palmer is open in a couple of years. 10 times the track time for at most half the fees.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Well it is 90 miles from lime rock but that is not a good comparison because lime rock is in the middle of nowhere. palmer MA is 20 miles east of springfield just off the pike. should be pretty convenient.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts