The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to paint the letters on my engine cover with Testors model paint but not sure how well it will withstand the heat in the engine compartment over time. Does anyone have any experience or a different recommendation? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
I used Testors on some small areas and it worked fine. I have more extensively use Rustoleum.
I am planning to paint the letters on my engine cover with Testors model paint but not sure how well it will withstand the heat in the engine compartment over time. Does anyone have any experience or a different recommendation? Thanks.

·
Registered
269 Posts
There's been a running how-to in the RX community for many years about painting the brake calipers with Testors enamel. Apparently, it's pretty durable.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, on the brake calipers :eek:? I guess it'll have no problem with the heat in the engine bay then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts