The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought an OEM pre-2010 S260 carbon fiber wing off of Ebay. I assume other than the carbon fiber construction that it is the same as the wing on my 2007 Exige S? No mods needed to bolt it on?

I guess I should have made sure before clicking the Buy It Now button but I couldn't resist. ;)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
There is only 1 2009 North American Sport 260 missing it's wing. The former owner of that car in Florida removed it - so unless it came from them (and I could verify that for you if you would like), doubtful it is an 09 Sport 260 Wing and most likely aftermarket.

And to answer your question - yes a 2009 Sport 260's wing will fit all 2009 and earlier Exiges.

·
Registered
442 Posts
There is only 1 2009 North American Sport 260 missing it's wing. The former owner of that car in Florida removed it - so unless it came from them (and I could verify that for you if you would like), doubtful it is an 09 Sport 260 Wing and most likely aftermarket.

And to answer your question - yes a 2009 Sport 260's wing will fit all 2009 and earlier Exiges.
You do know that you can buy that wing from a dealership and not ever own a 260sport? It's ridiculously expensive but I looked into it a while back, so it certainly can be factory.

BUT for $275 would raise a red flag....I remember the OEM wing being close to 1700 new. (could be wrong though)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BUT for $275 would raise a red flag....I remember the OEM wing being close to 1700 new. (could be wrong though)
I jumped on it because of the price and because the listing specifically states that it is an authentic lotus 260 wing. Also the seller appears to sell high end stuff. I guess I'll find out when I get it. Must be a part number inscribed on it?

Honestly, if the wing fits perfectly and straight then I won't be too disappointed. Seems like chinese replicas go for more than that.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I jumped on it because of the price and because the listing specifically states that it is an authentic lotus 260 wing. Also the seller appears to sell high end stuff. I guess I'll find out when I get it. Must be a part number inscribed on it?

Honestly, if the wing fits perfectly and straight then I won't be too disappointed. Seems like chinese replicas go for more than that.
Yeah totally, I don't blame you one bit for jumping on it! it's a steal if its a OEM wing. If not, then you are right, the knock offs go for more.

:up:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I had to do a double take, rub my eyes, and read the listing over and over before pulling trigger. I'll post an update when I finally receive it.

For comparison, there was/is a replica wing selling for $399 + $50 shipping.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vishus_1,

Can you tell me if the entire S260 wing (blade, supports, end pieces) is cf? The pictures in the listing are too dark to tell. It does look like there is some sort of stamp on the inner surface of one of the supports (hope it says "Lotus").

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,456 Posts
Sounds like the OP made a great purchase. Probably the inherent intelligence of the Orange County Lotus crowd. :D

San

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was going to say that the supports and end plates look like they are non-cf in the pics but I wasn't certain since the pics are dark.

Woohoo!!!

If only I could find a original copy of the Constitution at a garage sale or a Van Gogh beneath an old oil painting. That'd be a hell of a find! ;)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice wing! Is that the Reverie? I was trying to get the LEA cf wing which is similar to yours. Always felt the stock wing was too narrow and wished it was adjustable. Got the S260 wing b/c of the price and fitment. Maybe in the future someone will be willing to trade their LEA for this S260. ;)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yeah, it's the Reverie. I love it, but would never pay the $ for it if I had to choose.

If I were choosing between the s260 version at $340 vs Reverie at $2800, no brainer. I think you did pretty well! Enjoy.

·
Registered
442 Posts
That's why I think the LEA wing is a good middle ground...I love mine!! While it may not be the most "functional" it sure looks good, since it's 30% larger than stock.

·
Registered
442 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts