The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post all of your meaningless,” We don't have cars yet so we're posting ridiculous questions" post here.

Let out those frustrations by pondering silly questions like:

Does the Elise have an ashtrays:confused:

Do the sun visors have mirrors on them:confused:

Are the wheels really round:confused:

And the ever popular... Does that hard top really take 30 minutes to put on/off:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,802 Posts
Derek said:
Post all of your meaningless,” We don't have cars yet so we're posting ridiculous questions" post here.

Do the sun visors have mirrors on them:confused:

Do the sun visors have mirrors WITH VANITY LIGHTS:D

Or can I hook up my playstation?

Or will Lotus offer spinner wheels?
Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,031 Posts
Does the Elise have any interior lights at all?

Not a big deal either way, but it happened to cross my mind last night.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,193 Posts
  1. Is the exposed aluminum frame anodized?
  2. Can we get it anodized in a color to match the interior?
  3. What type of stitching do the leather seats have?
  4. Is the aluminum window lever cast or forged?
  5. Does the MP3 player take SmartMedia, CompactFlash, or CDs?
  6. Is the ECU connection serial or USB? Where is it?
  7. At what temperature does the frame's epoxy compound melt down?
  8. Are the tire air-valves cheap plastic, or "chromers" ? :D
  9. Can the vanity plate holder be easily removed?
  10. Are the HVAC knobs aluminum or plastic?
  11. Where on the steering wheel is/are the horn button(s)?
  12. Is there a cigarette lighter available for the "power outlet" ?
  13. What is the weight / volume capacity of the cargo net?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
transio said:
  1. Is the exposed aluminum frame anodized?
  2. Can we get it anodized in a color to match the interior?
  3. What type of stitching do the leather seats have?
  4. Is the aluminum window lever cast or forged?
  5. Does the MP3 player take SmartMedia, CompactFlash, or CDs?
  6. Is the ECU connection serial or USB? Where is it?
  7. At what temperature does the frame's epoxy compound melt down?
  8. Are the tire air-valves cheap plastic, or "chromers" ? :D
  9. Can the vanity plate holder be easily removed?
  10. Are the HVAC knobs aluminum or plastic?
  11. Where on the steering wheel is/are the horn button(s)?
  12. Is there a cigarette lighter available for the "power outlet" ?
  13. What is the weight / volume capacity of the cargo net?
WOW... You must have thought a long while to come up with that level of meaninglessness :bow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
integrated pez dispenser?
compartment to transport a water ski?
hypo-allergenic a/c filter?
race-inspired speaker grill?
pet-friendly window-sill height?
color-matched luge promotion?
"objects in mirror are closer than they appear" reminder?
 

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
Will my 44 oz BladderBuster from 7-11 fit in the cupholder?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,577 Posts
transio said:
  1. Does the MP3 player take SmartMedia, CompactFlash, or CDs?
At least this one we can answer. The touring package stereo is the Blaupunkt Los Angeles MP72. It takes MMCs (MultiMedia Cards). They're the same size and shape as secure digital and I'm told that the SD cards will work. I hope so as I happen to have a decent sized SD card and would be willing to buy another in the interest of having tons of music on a couple of postage stamp sized cards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,430 Posts
X000000101 said:
"objects in mirror are closer than they appear" reminder?
It's been replaced with
"everything is bigger than you and they don't see you"

Please note this can also be found in very small print on the newly available visor just below the warning about the air bag (supplied by Glad Zip lock bags)
 

·
Forum Founder
Joined
·
29,081 Posts
NMRJock said:
At least this one we can answer. The touring package stereo is the Blaupunkt Los Angeles MP72. It takes MMCs (MultiMedia Cards). They're the same size and shape as secure digital and I'm told that the SD cards will work. I hope so as I happen to have a decent sized SD card and would be willing to buy another in the interest of having tons of music on a couple of postage stamp sized cards.
Great information. Thanks.

SD cards are what my new video recorder/player with g-force analysis will use...so I will be buying SD cards by the thousands.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
wallabyguy said:
It's been replaced with
"everything is bigger than you and they don't see you"

Please note this can also be found in very small print on the newly available visor just below the warning about the air bag (supplied by Glad Zip lock bags)
AWESOME! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
NMRJock said:
At least this one we can answer. The touring package stereo is the Blaupunkt Los Angeles MP72. It takes MMCs (MultiMedia Cards). They're the same size and shape as secure digital and I'm told that the SD cards will work. I hope so as I happen to have a decent sized SD card and would be willing to buy another in the interest of having tons of music on a couple of postage stamp sized cards.
It takes standard old CD-Rs too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,634 Posts
Okay, here's another one: is there a boot/engine cover release from inside the driver compartment ? I've seen mention of a release on some of the British BBS forums, but never actually seen what form that takes. Maybe this was on the S1's only, don't know ?:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,577 Posts
mikester said:
Okay, here's another one: is there a boot/engine cover release from inside the driver compartment ? I've seen mention of a release on some of the British BBS forums, but never actually seen what form that takes. Maybe this was on the S1's only, don't know ?:confused:
I seem to remember it in the driver's B-pillar of an S1 that I sat in. I'm often wrong though...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,315 Posts
mikester said:
Okay, here's another one: is there a boot/engine cover release from inside the driver compartment ? I've seen mention of a release on some of the British BBS forums, but never actually seen what form that takes. Maybe this was on the S1's only, don't know ?:confused:
It has been combined with the brake pedal on the federalized version as an airbrake for additional downforce on the rear when doing an emergency stop :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
NMRJock said:
They're the same size and shape as secure digital and I'm told that the SD cards will work. I hope so as I happen to have a decent sized SD card and would be willing to buy another in the interest of having tons of music on a couple of postage stamp sized cards.
I have only seen SD cards advertised up to 256 MB and they cost like $80. For less than $1 I can use a 700 MB CD-R. Am I missing something here :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
transio said:
  1. Are the HVAC knobs aluminum or plastic?
  2. Where on the steering wheel is/are the horn button(s)?
  3. What is the weight / volume capacity of the cargo net?
From the one I sat in at FVMC:

The HVAC nobs felt very nice. I was surprised by that. I'm not 100% sure if they are plastic or aluminum, but they felt solid and weighty so if they are plastic, they are fairly nice plastic. I thought they were aluminum.

The horn buttons were on the steering wheel spokes and the horn is deafening in a closed showroom.

I can't offer numbers on the capacity of the cargo net but it is quite small. It looked like you wouldn't put more than a few CDs in the jewel boxes in there.
 
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Top