The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there is a ~$200 foam-lined acessory available, but does the hardtop come with a more minimal bag of any sort?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
yes. It includes a vinyl storage bag. The outside looks/feels sorta like cloth; the inside is a smooth vinyl feel. The bag isn't really a bag as much as it is a cover. Sort of like a pizza box, you lay the hardtop on one surface, and fold the other up and over. The other three sides are closed via velco strips (Lotus must own stock in 3M ;) ).

There are no hooks, loops, or other features for hanging this bag from a wall, ceiling, etc (I hear the optional hardtop bag does include such features).

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Remember that the hard top is a seasonal or even permanent type of item. You don't pop off the hard top to get a bite to eat for lunch. It takes maybe 45 minutes to change out and is the next thing to a coupe conversion. I think it changes the look of the car too.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Stan said:
Remember that the hard top is a seasonal or even permanent type of item. You don't pop off the hard top to get a bite to eat for lunch. It takes maybe 45 minutes to change out and is the next thing to a coupe conversion. I think it changes the look of the car too.
Yes, imo the hardtop makes the Elise look quite the exotic, ala Ford GT, though better. :)

·
Registered
866 Posts
Stan said:
I have seen it done. It takes 2-3 minutes to remove. 4 screws, and 4 pieces. It might take longer to put back on, but trust me, blind I can do it in 10 minutes. :clap:

·
Registered
2005 elise touring ardent red
612 Posts
hard top

are most people ordering their elise with or without the hardtop?
i wasnt sure which to do so i decided to order it with the hardtop since i figured the soft roof would probably leak water.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Re: hard top

rucnok said:
are most people ordering their elise with or without the hardtop?
i wasnt sure which to do so i decided to order it with the hardtop since i figured the soft roof would probably leak water.

The soft roof doesn't leak water, but since you ordered your car with the hard top, you definitely paid less for it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts