The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
hahah so YOU'RE the guy! :evil:

I put in an offer for this the other day and they told me they already had a deposit on it for close to the asking price.

I havent seen it IRL but the only thing I didn't like about it was that its a little high on the milage IMO (compared to others I've seen) especially for a 27.5k asking price...

GL though!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was actually some other guy that put the deposit down, they called me back today saying the first person didn't end up buying it and called me back.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ahhh sounds good. Wish I could be more help on the info side...

I was going to ask for an ECU Dump and basically follow THIS guide if I went to look at it. Probably would have ran it down to Dietsch Werks and had them do a PPI on it as well.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I'd say that's a pretty fair asking price considering it's an 06 and from a dealer. Good luck on the buy!

·
Registered
760 Posts
But they have been listing it as desert silver....
Yeah, I'm usually wary as well when dealers or private owners list the car incorrectly or leave out car specific details that buyer look for. Instead of copying and pasting generic Edmunds features such as tachometer and interval wipers, why not list touring package and hardtop?

Just shows that they don't really know the car as intimately as you'd hope. Plus not to be a Debbie Downer, but my money is that every journeyman, porter, and tech has taken that thing around the block more than a few times. Hope that's not the case though!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yeah, I'm usually wary as well when dealers or private owners list the car incorrectly or leave out car specific details that buyer look for. Instead of copying and pasting generic Edmunds features such as tachometer and interval wipers, why not list touring package and hardtop?

Just shows that they don't really know the car as intimately as you'd hope. Plus not to be a Debbie Downer, but my money is that every journeyman, porter, and tech has taken that thing around the block more than a few times. Hope that's not the case though!
Yeah, but the ECU Dump should tell how hard it was beat on so I'd really push to get one before purchase.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Yeah, but the ECU Dump should tell how hard it was beat on so I'd really push to get one before purchase.
You will have to take it to a Lotus dealer for an ECU dump.

to the OP,
What modifications are you referring to?
Other than the wheels no longer being silver, a painted center console that sticks out like a sore thumb, an out of production POS radio and a subwoofer I'm not seeing anything.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Yep, all I see are painted wheels, hideous center console, sub and head unit.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yup, definitely worth it to ask them if they will allow you to get one IMO.

RoadDad said:
On a side note, the Elise, and that one in particular, is not a "roadster". It is a targa.

When it listed a roadster, I thought it was going to be something like Perry's old car... http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/1775553-post3.html
Funny you mention this, just saw it in the Auto Trader earlier.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Yeah... Perry hacked the crap out of that car. After he sold it off, well, it seems to have changed a few dealer hands but hasn't seemed to find a real home. I think it is one of those situations of "a face only a mother could love" and mother Perry put it up for adoption.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

to the OP,
What modifications are you referring to?
Other than the wheels no longer being silver, a painted center console that sticks out like a sore thumb, an out of production POS radio and a subwoofer I'm not seeing anything.
yeah I was referring to the painted center console, sub and radio. I'm going to check it out but I highly doubt they will let me bring it to a Lotus dealer since there is none around that area.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Color is Storm Titanium. Also take a close look at the bottom of the clam in front of the left front tire, looks like there is some damage.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Color is Storm Titanium. Also take a close look at the bottom of the clam in front of the left front tire, looks like there is some damage.
It's the starshield starting to peel is what that the picture is picking up, it had minor issues and I got them down to 24k so I traded my M3 for it and now am a proud new owner of a Storm Titanium Elise.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Out of curiosity, what issues did it have? Congrats! Always nice to have another Storm Titanium buddy in the bay! =)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Out of curiosity, what issues did it have? Congrats! Always nice to have another Storm Titanium buddy in the bay! =)
bottom of front clam has 2 chips, star shield slightly peeling, headlights oxidized, front turn signal damaged, interior has ugly red painted center console, side vent has signs of glue starting to melt, passenger window needs adjusting for complete seal, all which to me seems like simple fixes and for 24,000 i think it was an ok price.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts