1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
no idea, but reading the reviews.. it sure does work in a ton of different cars w/lots of happy happy people.. cheap enough to try it for the hell of it. Are you doing it all yourself?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Thing is - the stock headunit is a single-din Blaupunkt... is there not a standard "plug" in the back of aftermarket headunits? As in - wouldn't the Blaupunkt have the same plug on the back of it as another Blaupunkt or say a Sony or Pioneer? Do they all have different plugs on the back? Wouldn't you just unplug the Blaupunkt and plug in say a Sony?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I learned a bit since I posted this. rwbronco, I think that only the case on the 05 and 06, or maybe its the non touring? Though I have an alpine in mine. This harness does work but the two wires as I mentioned are in fact swapped. I changed my mind though I'm going to drop in a replacement alpine since it seems they remain common in their wire set up. This way I wont need a harness.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I've done many stereo installs but normally it's swapping out a factory unit with an aftermarket unit so I've never thought about swapping one aftermarket out with another aftermarket and never thought whether they'd share the same plug on the backside or not

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I will. not know till I open it but I though the alpine was the factory stereo on 07 ? Maybe its a touring upgrade?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I bought an equivalent off eBay instead of the Crutchfield one when I replaced the Blaupunkt head with a Kenwood. Works fine, but do check the 12V and ACC wires as they might be reversed.

Cheers.

·
Registered
903 Posts
is that mostly what's going to be swapped? Are they even the same shape across the board or is each brand's plug shaped differently? I've never payed that close attention to different brands and normally just had one on hand at a time

·
Registered
359 Posts
Are they even the same shape across the board or is each brand's plug shaped differently?
That plug is more of a European standard and fits the Blaupunkts. I'd guess it also is used on the other factory option radios also, because if it didn't, it would mean changes to the wiring harness depending on the head unit.

Cheers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts