The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is to help those who are looking for an Elise now and are willing to either pay a markup or try some hard negotiating.

So, does your dealer have any extra cars (ie: the waiter changed their mind)?

Here's mine.

Scottsdale Lotus:

Magnetic Blue, Touring Package, Star Shield?. This was my original order but I switched to BRP.

Aubergine (violet): Touring Package, Sports Package, Hard Top, Star shield. An owner of an Aubergine backed out a month ago and the second Aubergine waiter took the car. This is the second waiter's car.

Price: Probably over MSPR but I'll leave the negotiating part up to you.

http://www.lotusofscottsdale.com/

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Criswell's (DC area) has/had a car that the person who ordered it changed their mind. I don't remember all the details, but I believe it was one of the silver/gray color with Touring Package.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The Collection in Miami usually has an extra car that someone has dropped off the list. The are offering them to people on the list first and if no one takes the I assume they will sell them to non listers

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Behlmann's Midrivers in St Louis. No extra cars as far as I know, except for the second demo which is already sold.

·
Registered
207 Posts
LOA extra Elise

As of Saturday the salesman at LOA told me of a yellow Elise incoming that he could depart with for 3000 over MSRP. Do not know any specs on the yellow Elise.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Magnetic Blue w/ Touring at Scottsdale, AZ

They just recieved the car that was my original order. Magnetic Blue, Touring, and maybe StarShield ( I hadn't ordered it at the time).

Here's the e-mail:

We just got the magnetic blue car in yesterday and it will be available for sale and for demo rides later today.

Thank You,

Dan Caplan
Scottsdale Lotus
480-922-6242
www.lotusofscottsdale.com
[email protected]
I may stop by to see the car I could have had! ;)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Symbolic has a Chrome Orange car on their floor. Looks gorgous. It's got all the packages (which is one reason why I don't want it).

I'm not sure if it's got a markup (I didn't ask), but probably.

It's not 'extra' though. They said it's a rejected customer car. Which it probably is because he'd have said if it was ordered by Symbolic, and they don't do 'extra' cars. They tell the truth whether it's good or bad. (Nice thing about Symbolic is you know where you stand; like it or not.)

If you're in the SD area, and haven't seen Chrome Orange in person, I recomend a look. It's even nicer in person :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Was out in San Luis Obispo, CA last weekend (after taking the Advanced Skippy Racing School). Smith Lotus had 3 (Arctic Silver, Ardent Red and Storm Titanium) unclaimed cars. They were going to call the people on their list, but we could have driven our choice home to Maryland if we'd wanted to.

Instead, once home, we called the nearby dealers. One phone call to Ascot and we were able to place an order (yes, placed our order, as opposed to getting on their list) for an Arctic Silver Elise with Hardtop and StarShield which is due in May!

We'll be stopping by Criswell this weekend to get our deposit back. Everyone higher than #162 at Criswell rejoice--you've just moved up a notch.

Note on our color choice, we originally liked CO, then decided KG would be the ultimate, but after seeing the AS at Smith Lotus, we decided that was the color. Classy AND looks like a spaceship simultaneously. May have to switch my STRSHP tag (originally on an Europa) from the TR8 to the Elise.

·
Registered
592 Posts
sk8nSam said:
Was out in San Luis Obispo, CA last weekend (after taking the Advanced Skippy Racing School). Smith Lotus had 3 (Arctic Silver, Ardent Red and Storm Titanium) unclaimed cars.
What a conincidence. A friend of mine is in San Luis Obispo and called me this morning. Wanted to know if I got my Elise yet (he left before my car arrived on 12/1). He said he stopped by this dealer who had 3 on the floor. He thought I might want to buy one instead of waiting and he offered to drive it back to CT for me :D He also said they were coy on the price, but it was substantially over list.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I don't know the precise situation, but I'm pretty sure at least three people have dropped off at Park Place. I know they had a BRG with sports pack, and I believe they had a BRP as well a few weeks later.

Currently they have a Storm Ti available.

DLY

·
Registered
498 Posts
Lotus of Atlanta has four Elises available at old MRP (I am on their email list).
1) Nightfall Blue/Tan w/Touring, Hardtop & Starshield.
2) Ardent Red/Black w/Sport, Hardtop & Starshield.
3) Chrome Orange/Black w/Sport, Hardtop & Starshield
4) Saffron Yellow/Black w/Sport, Hardtop & Starshield

Contact

Toby Clements
Lamborghini Atlanta/Lotus Atlanta
www.thebimmerstore.com
678-887-4900 Mobile
888-346-3161 Toll Free
770-604-9481 Fax
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
someone mentioned in another thread that there was a car available (or already sold) at 500 under MSRP on the east coast. i was surprised to hear of any deals at less than msrp but didn't ask him to confirm his post...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Prestige Imports in Miami has 12 on the lot. Pretty much every color, but they are still charging 5k over old MSRP. They will negotiate off that as they did for me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's about time they started dropping thoseprices at Prestige. Everyday I drive by there I laugh. For them being so greedy there stuck with 12 Elises. LOL

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Silver Star has a Saffron Yellow, hardtop, touring, Starshield car for sale. Includes Stage II exhaust. It's listed at $57,000 ($10,000 markup) - I don't believe that includes tax and license.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts