The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting mine fixed soon since it almost always only shoot a solid stream from either one of the two nozzles. But is it supposed to be a stream or spray?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
mine went from spray, to stream, to jet, to nothing - turns out algae blocked the intake for the pump in the bottom of the tank (prob from lack of use). I cleaned it out and back to a spray

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Mine's impotent and doesn't shoot at all..............because I had it disabled by the dealer before I picked it up. Giggity!

·
Premium Member
6,265 Posts
If you have a stream, check for wax in nozzles

·
Registered
774 Posts
Going to bring this back from the dead. How many Evoras out there have the wiper shoot a jet/stream rather than any sort of spray/etc? I just replaced the nozzle/jet on mine as the old one was corroded, thought that might be the cause, but the new one is a stream as well. I also found the hose was decaying and leaking, so that's next to fix. I also have a new pump, so will be replacing most of the system. Just curious what to expect at the end. The jet does look like it's just kind of a round opening without anything to create a mist/spray, so might be intentional.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Going to bring this back from the dead. How many Evoras out there have the wiper shoot a jet/stream rather than any sort of spray/etc? I just replaced the nozzle/jet on mine as the old one was corroded, thought that might be the cause, but the new one is a stream as well. I also found the hose was decaying and leaking, so that's next to fix. I also have a new pump, so will be replacing most of the system. Just curious what to expect at the end. The jet does look like it's just kind of a round opening without anything to create a mist/spray, so might be intentional.
The OEM part is more of a stream, which is why some have replaced it with an alternative part that is more of a spray. I did that swap a few years ago, but never wrote it down. Let me see if I can find it...

EDIT: Found it. Genuine Ford Focus Mk4 2011 Onwards Heated Front Washer Jet 'Mist Type'. It's a direct drop-in for the stock part. IIRC, they don't have these in the States, so I had to order mine from ebay UK.

·
Registered
774 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,265 Posts
The stream keeps it on the windshield well at high speeds. Let us know about your improved stream when installed......hopefully not surgically.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts