The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to contact a few upholstry shops in the area and see about having a dog bed/rest made for the passenger seat/footwell. I take my lab Daisy to the track with me whenever I go and have been putting a pillow in the seat and another in the footwell. This gets it as flat as possible as that's the issue for her. So I'm thinking a pillow that is thin at the seat then thicker in the footwell to create as flat a surface as possible.

I have no idea if they'd cut me a discount if I had them make more than one so I figure'd I'd check in. I'm thinking some sort of tan canvas material (yellow lab) padded with foam and heavy duty stitching.

Anyone else have any interest? If I don't get enough interest I'll at least start a thread with all the details. And please no "oh god I'd never put a dog in my Lotus" comments :)

-Ross

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
My dog is not quite that spoiled lol. I jam a pillow against the seat to extend the seat area and then cover the seat and pillow with a large towel that has one end sewed over for poolside furniture. I can't imagine it costing much to cut foam.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Will it work for my red panda?

·
Premium Member
5,194 Posts
My dogs don't ride in the Lotus, but love riding in the dune buggy. The looks I used to get when our great dane was in the passenger seat were priceless. My german shepherd rides in all the other cars, including our yacht.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Not interested in the dog pillow, but if anyone finds a way to fit a parrot cage in the back seat of an Evora, just let me know. :p

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
OH great, for my next purchase not only do I have to worry about smokers now also dog piss smell Lol

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
I'm pretty sure if our dog had a habit of "pissing" in the car, it would not be in the Lotus. :rolleyes: Some people actually train their dogs. No worries though, my car will have no other owner.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
I just remove the footrest and let my Corgi lay down in the passenger foot well on a blanket.

I've taken her on a 6 hour trip like this and she was perfectly content.

Attachments

·
Such Administrating
6,894 Posts
My dog loved her first ride in the lotus, when she figured how to stand up lol

I might be interested depending on price and how it's made. I'd need something where it would work with the wife riding too.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
My dog loved her first ride in the lotus, when she figured how to stand up lol

I might be interested depending on price and how it's made. I'd need something where it would work with the wife riding too.
the bottom pic looks like you just took her on some fast laps and she is wide-eyed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts