The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says, I have to do a presentation on a topic of my choosing (lotus obviously) and I need at least three reputable sources for information. Although this forum is a wonderful place, I can't really use it as a source unfortunately.

I'm not asking for specific information, just some ideas as to what I can use for sources. The presentation is going to be on the history of the company and some of the fundamentals on which lotus was founded.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great, thanks for the links! ill be sure to check with my local library to see if they have any of them.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
The US branch of Coterie press is located in CO, the athor of The Lotus Book is William Taylor. I highly suggest buying it. In addition there are a slew of Lotus owners in CO, their club is called LOCO. There is little chance your library would have any of those books on Lotus, however, I'll bet Lotus enthusiasts in your area do, and then some.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Not sure if television documentaries are an acceptable "source", but apart from the Inside Story of the Lotus Elise, there is also a multi-part documentary on Colin Chapman called The Secret Life of Colin Chapman that someone has posted on You Tube. May not be bibliography-grade material, but some interesting background nonetheless.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Just invite Tony to the presentation............He's probably better than any history book !!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure if television documentaries are an acceptable "source", but apart from the Inside Story of the Lotus Elise, there is also a multi-part documentary on Colin Chapman called The Secret Life of Colin Chapman that someone has posted on You Tube. May not be bibliography-grade material, but some interesting background nonetheless.

i actually just watched the whole thing yesterday. I'm not sure if I can use it for one of my sources, but I'll definitely use a lot of the info from it.

Really good documentary for those who have not seen it btw.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts