The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just got a 2011 Evora S and did the LED bulb replacement but noticed that the dome light doesn't work. I checked the "interior lighting" fuse (C12 or C14, I can't remember) and it was fine, and no other interior lighting is affected. Is there another fuse or anything else I should check?

Thanks,
Patrick

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Did you try flipping the bulb around to verify polarity?

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
where did you get the LED light package

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for suggesting, but yes, I checked polarity. I checked the original (non-LED) bulb and it wasn't working either, so I'm sure it's not a bulb issue.

BTW, I bought my LEDs from Amazon for $16 -- lots of options on there in the 2 sizes required.

Cutequeen White 42mm(1.72") 8-SMD 12V Festoon Dome Light LED Bulbs 211-2 212-2 569 578 - White (pack of 8) : Amazon.com : Automotive

Amazon.com: Amico 2 Pcs Car 38mm 5050 SMD White 3 LED Error Free Festoon Dome Light w Heatsink: Automotive

Thanks,
Patrick

·
Registered
489 Posts
Mime broke and had the same issue. It was the switching mechinism. Replace the unit with the same exact GM part for less then $20. The GM part number is on the light module.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ended up taking the part out and cleaning some gunk off the metal roller (at the end of the switch) and then it worked fine. I scrubbed with soap and then vinegar. I can't remember if it was necessary but I removed the white/clear cover part from the rest of the assembly and ended up breaking part of the assembly (where the wiring bundle attaches), so I would recommend caution when disassembling or avoiding disassembling if possible. Superglue to the rescue!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mime broke and had the same issue. It was the switching mechinism. Replace the unit with the same exact GM part for less then $20. The GM part number is on the light module.
Yeah, mine (2011) had to be replaced. They apparently had switch problems early on. Glad you fixed it, psanger.

·
Registered
186 Posts
This forum is amazing. My dome light hasn’t worked since I got my 2011 Evora. I followed the suggestions for cleaning the contacts and used an LED bulb. 10 minutes of cleaning the contacts and it works perfectly.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I changed mine to led last year and for the longest time it would only light when switched manually to on. Then one day it started working properly, and has ever since. So yeah, I’m afraid to even touch it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts