The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put over 500 miles on the car this weekend since getting it back Friday night. I have spared NO expense in this but I am getting it close to it being done. Wheels are next. Then possibly blow offs. Then maybe suspension....

Here are pics from today. I went up to meet up with a friend of mine in NorCal. He has the Vector in the pics (1 of 17 built and worth a couple time more than the first home I bought!!). He also a Diablo for good measure!!

Anyway, I created the look of the paint scheme in the lights on photoshop, with inspiration coming from the Ferrari Testarossa (the stretched black insert), F50 (the upward arches at the lights) and 355 Challenge grill (round red lights against black). Once I had the look figured out, I took it to Johnny's Customs in Gilroy, CA. and they did their magic from there. I told them I wanted the black paint to look EXACTLY like the black plastic on the regular V8 Esprit Valence and the insert to match the Calypso Red. As you can see, their work turned out flawless and exactly as asked. As you will see, the rear valence (typically in brushed aluminum) was painted to match. In my opinion, this looks better as it causes the valence to disappear, making the car look wider rather than taller. It also makes the exhaust tips more apparent. You can really see the polished exhaust more clearly now too. It really shines behind the black valence.

In the video, there is a ticking noise that is NOT my car or exhaust. You will still hear it when the car is shut off so you know it is the case. This clip was just taken with a digital camera so it is not the best but you will get the point.....

Enjoy!!

YouTube - Bill's Lotus Esprit V8 with center exhaust pipes

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Bill -

Saw your car at Santana Row yesterday (I was in the dirty white Exige).
Your car looked great, parked next to the Ferraris.

Really reminded me of how much I miss seeing these cars on the road!

Cheers,
-Darryl

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know, I didn't see a white one. Only a Grey one. If I had seen you or the car I would havce introduced myself. Next time you see me or the car, flag me down or introduce yourself.

We also had a great drive that day that I organized with Lyndon (Gallardo Spyder). The Exige with the license plate "Dietch" was with us. Should have been there!!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
That is top level work. My compliments to the designer (you) for a well researched, carefully chosen improvement. The paint work is tops as well. That center exhaust is great. Enjoy your great looking Esprit.

·
Registered
386 Posts
You know, I didn't see a white one. Only a Grey one. If I had seen you or the car I would havce introduced myself. Next time you see me or the car, flag me down or introduce yourself.

We also had a great drive that day that I organized with Lyndon (Gallardo Spyder). The Exige with the license plate "Dietch" was with us. Should have been there!!
Yep - I was parked toward the front, but beside a van. I would've gone with you guys - but had to meet some friends for a birthday lunch at Maggiano's.

Cheers,
-Darryl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts