The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry Elise guys, but i never missed the Elise once it was gone.. not sure how it was so different for me, but the Elise was fun but too simple for me..

bought my 07' S220 in 2010, and sold it earlier this year to make room for my new 991... ever since it's been downhill..

the 991 a great car, but should have kept the S220 (and added RLS IC+pulley)

then bought a GT-R, great car and a rocket ship... but should have kept the S220 (and maybe a Blade300 versus the 275 setup)

now i have an Ariel Atom coming in 3 weeks, and whilst i'm excited as **** (always the car i lusted after regardless of what sports car i had,... mostly because of its 4lbs per HP ratio (S220 is 9lbs/HP, GT-R is 8lbs/HP) i'm still lusting after my S220...

needless to say, dont sell your Exige.... unless it's to me for a good price. LOL... kicking myself now that i never bought one of the S260's that were available on here in the mid 50's... (now much higher)... the S260 is heaven to me with all that carbon, but i will always settle for a S240 with the sexy mohawk.

-riley

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
You have an Atom on the way. I don't feel bad for you! :)

·
Registered
294 Posts

true s260's are in the 60s now...
Problem is I dont know what I would get in its place if I sold it
:panic:

I'd do it for a corvette ZR1, but those need to come down in price first -poke-

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

yeah, everything is up.. i remember when there were 4 of them for sale mid 50's.. one was local to me.. (grey w/ carbon exposed)... other was orange, black and a red.

thats when 220's were 35k... and now 220's are 40-45k!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I know what you mean. I'm definitely keeping this one!

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts

DON'T DO IT! For a Vette? Even for a ZR1? Come on! Take a step back and look how hot that Exige looks. A Vette is so......... blah compared to your car. If you left me alone with your car for five minutes you'd come back to find it emotionally scarred for the rest of it's life :evil:

To each his own, but I think you're crazy to even consider trading that for a Vette. ZR1 or not.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Cancel the Atom and join us Riley. I always love watching your builds.

Come on... You KNOW you want to do it! :evil:

·
Registered
225 Posts

I'm in same boat. I got my 2010 S240. Now has 2200 miles. I contemplated selling it, but wouldn't have a clue what to replace it with. Maybe an Atom.
I drove and like the Atom, but I like the Lotus looks better, and believe or not the Atom is a little too raw. Awsome fun and fast though.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
sorry Elise guys, but i never missed the Elise once it was gone.. not sure how it was so different for me, but the Elise was fun but too simple for me..

bought my 07' S220 in 2010, and sold it earlier this year to make room for my new 991... ever since it's been downhill..

the 991 a great car, but should have kept the S220 (and added RLS IC+pulley)

then bought a GT-R, great car and a rocket ship... but should have kept the S220 (and maybe a Blade300 versus the 275 setup)

now i have an Ariel Atom coming in 3 weeks, and whilst i'm excited as **** (always the car i lusted after regardless of what sports car i had,... mostly because of its 4lbs per HP ratio (S220 is 9lbs/HP, GT-R is 8lbs/HP) i'm still lusting after my S220...

needless to say, dont sell your Exige.... unless it's to me for a good price. LOL... kicking myself now that i never bought one of the S260's that were available on here in the mid 50's... (now much higher)... the S260 is heaven to me with all that carbon, but i will always settle for a S240 with the sexy mohawk.

-riley
Really? Dude get a 30K Elise and strap on a Radium Turbo and make those S Exiges all feel meek. My mildly boosted Elise makes over 235 ft lbs torque. An S220,240,260 would be a joke compared to a turbo'd Elise. You would also save a ton of money.

Problem is you are comparing N/A Elises to FI Exiges. Level that playing field and see what you think.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I like my Elise. Lighter, less drag, I think they look better, and can be made much faster for far less money. Just my $.02

·
Registered
294 Posts
DON'T DO IT! For a Vette? Even for a ZR1? Come on! Take a step back and look how hot that Exige looks. A Vette is so......... blah compared to your car. If you left me alone with your car for five minutes you'd come back to find it emotionally scarred for the rest of it's life :evil:

To each his own, but I think you're crazy to even consider trading that for a Vette. ZR1 or not.
I love my lotus, sexiest car I think you can buy and it's rare sight..
Still can't see anything short of an atom and some serious motorcycles beating it on a canyon road.
There is really nothing I would trade the lotus in for as I stated:
I've driven an audi r8 v10 (lotus felt better and just as quick)
I've driven a ferrari f430 scuderia (can't afford it lol but it was awesome ride, still felt like a big engined lotus and was a little heavier in the turns)
I've driven an M3 (felt better than the R8 V10, still not the lotus)

The Zr1 was insane....It felt like too much for the road, how the hell is it street legal?? This thing bites and will "kill" you, I know. It literly :thwack: in the head with every shift. It got me giggling like a school girl in the turns and the grip just doesn't let up. Brakes? If lotus hits your head on the steeringwheel this thing stops your heart :panic:
It looks like Meh, the seats suck @ss, but does it really matter with that much power and grip? does it? Hell, just swap in a race seat and pull out that ****ty Nav :coolnana:.

Anyways,
I think I'm going through a Jeremy Clarkson Honey Moon with the ZR1 lately...
Chrome cowboy boots car vs sexy lotus.

Sexy Lotus wins when I look at it in the garage
:popcorn:

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cancel the Atom and join us Riley. I always love watching your builds.

Come on... You KNOW you want to do it! :evil:
also the atom is paid in full, no backing out now.

Really? Dude get a 30K Elise and strap on a Radium Turbo and make those S Exiges all feel meek. My mildly boosted Elise makes over 235 ft lbs torque. An S220,240,260 would be a joke compared to a turbo'd Elise. You would also save a ton of money.

Problem is you are comparing N/A Elises to FI Exiges. Level that playing field and see what you think.
had an elise and really disliked it... to me the exige is everything the elise is missing.. i could care less about "boosting" an elise.. i prefer working with stock parts because my experience is nothing but unreliability when you start tinkering over a certain extent.... id rather have a blade275 exige than a 400hp elise.. just my personal opinion, never once missed the elise, and it was modded up.

I like my Elise. Lighter, less drag, I think they look better, and can be made much faster for far less money. Just my $.02
how much lighter? my S220 was ~1920lbs, the drag is because of the downforce, yes they are cheaper but the exige has certain items that i always wanted and once i had i never looked back.. it was always well worth the extra 5-8k for the exige over comparable elise to me.. it's not about saving nickles but enjoying the car imo..

FWIW, paid 27k for the 07' Exige... quite a bit less than most people paid for their elise... hell sold 05' elise for 24k!... well worth the price difference.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
I love my lotus, sexiest car I think you can buy and it's rare sight..
Still can't see anything short of an atom and some serious motorcycles beating it on a canyon road.
There is really nothing I would trade the lotus in for as I stated:
I've driven an audi r8 v10 (lotus felt better and just as quick)
I've driven a ferrari f430 scuderia (can't afford it lol but it was awesome ride, still felt like a big engined lotus and was a little heavier in the turns)
I've driven an M3 (felt better than the R8 V10, still not the lotus)

The Zr1 was insane....It felt like too much for the road, how the hell is it street legal?? This thing bites and will "kill" you, I know. It literly :thwack: in the head with every shift. It got me giggling like a school girl in the turns and the grip just doesn't let up. Brakes? If lotus hits your head on the steeringwheel this thing stops your heart :panic:
It looks like Meh, the seats suck @ss, but does it really matter with that much power and grip? does it? Hell, just swap in a race seat and pull out that ****ty Nav :coolnana:.

Anyways,
I think I'm going through a Jeremy Clarkson Honey Moon with the ZR1 lately...
Chrome cowboy boots car vs sexy lotus.

Sexy Lotus wins when I look at it in the garage
:popcorn:

:clap:

You're a man of high intelligence kind sir!

·
Registered
765 Posts
The proper thing to do is to have both an Atom AND an Exige. They make great stable mates. :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts