1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
eYe kan foIre myne up widout pushin myne in ! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
A friend's insurance almost found this out the hard way by almost jumping forward into a curb, before I told him it was OK or how to start it up. Luckily stopped about 2 inches short. Now I preface my instructions with "whatever you do, don't start it yet"

thats not a fun 12k bill

·
Registered
443 Posts
AFAIK, it would work only if you're in neutral. Even that, starting the car in neutral with the clutch out, is a bad idea. :no:

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I start it in neutral with the clutch out :shrug:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wat im sayin is if i turn the key and push the start button with the clutch in or out it still starts i DONT need to engage the clutch to start the car does any 1 kno y that is?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
coz all manual carz r like tht!

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
1. Its a Lotus.
2. It doesn't have babysitter features like other cars.
3. Its not made in the US.
4. Canada requires the clutch interlock to be fitted on Lotus...maybe you need a Canadian car.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
is it bad for the car to do it?
It will be costly if you forget to make sure it's in neutral and your habit is to start the car without using the clutch.

Wiggle the shift lever to make sure you have neutral, clutch in, key on, push start. Every time...so you don't make a mistake and crunch something.

·
Registered
912 Posts
naw mang

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Dude, have you ever driven a manual transmission car that was built before 1980? Just about none of those cars have a starter lockout...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
If you need to move the car in an emergency you can move it with the starter. Only do this if it’s a real need to thing.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
My would be salesman found this out the hard way when he started it in reverse crashing into the lotus behind it and me... There is a thread about it buried somewhere. I think it is called looking for advice on an accident.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Freakin Cory...LOL

just have your ebrake up, pop the the shifter in neutral and start it. I actually like it this way.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts