The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently watching an old episode of the Avengers with Diana Rigg. In the 1967 season, she has the light blue Elan. At one point, she is trying to climb over a brick wall, and has the car parked right next to the wall. In heels, she hops up on the hood to give herself a leg up on the wall! Crazy stuff!

The Elan in the show is a really neat little car...

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Or watching Linda Thorson who played Tara King the next Avenger girl after Diana Rigg running and jumping into her Europa in high heels and a dress !

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Please, no more vintage Lotus pictures! :no:

If I see any more I will have to go out and buy one ... and that would cause even more family strife than I already have. I might need a beautiful lady in high heels too. :evil:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts

If I see any more I will have to go out and buy one ... and that would cause even more family strife than I already have. I might need a beautiful lady in high heels too. :evil:
Easy solution to your problem: lose the 540i, Harley, and 3.0cs (in particular sell the 3.0cs to me :up: ). Then you'll have room (and rationale, I'm sure) for a nice early Elan or (and?) Europa. :D

·
Registered
5,709 Posts

It's for sale :nanner2: :evil:

(the car, not the girl or the plane)

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's for sale :nanner2: :evil:

(the car, not the girl or the plane)
Hmm. The girl would probably need new high heel shoes anyway. :p

Easy solution to your problem: lose the 540i, Harley, and 3.0cs (in particular sell the 3.0cs to me ). Then you'll have room (and rationale, I'm sure) for a nice early Elan or (and?) Europa.
The 540i and the Harley maybe. The coupe, well ... maybe not. I would definitely entertain an offer on my 1985 Nissan truck with <60K miles and original paint. I would also be prepared to swap the truck for the Elan, I'd even throw in the stuff I keep in the bed for better traction! This truck is nice, it is a single family vehicle and it even has fuel line magnets to attain maximum engine performance - at least 70bhp at the rear wheels! :cool:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
The 540i and the Harley maybe. The coupe, well ... maybe not. I would definitely entertain an offer on my 1985 Nissan truck with <60K miles and original paint. I would also be prepared to swap the truck for the Elan, I'd even throw in the stuff I keep in the bed for better traction! This truck is nice, it is a single family vehicle and it even has fuel line magnets to attain maximum engine performance - at least 70bhp at the rear wheels! :cool:
Naah... :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wouldn't rear wheel horsepower NOT be measured in bhp?
Shucks, I dunno. You really need to go back to the origins of the term bhp. It was a measurement of braking power. Today it is more commonly applied to engine power. Either way, this truck stops real good. The rear brakes even lock up after it rains; great for power slides!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts