The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been watching two wing mirrors on ebay for a week, I setup two computers using my ebay account on one and my wifes on the other for expediency (I looked like a bookie or something) because these two mirrors ended one friggin minute apart, and you know I won one (left) but not the other. Like rats after a pellet of cheese we were bidding. My laptop had to think with 0 seconds left one the second mirror and then it happened ME <------------LOSER!

Anyone know where I can get a passenger side wing mirror, the more modern looking ones, I think they are the same from 89 and up right?

·
Registered
860 Posts
I, too, was all over ebay tonight. It was like an Esprit parts buffet!

I won 3 auctions, lost 1, and decided not to bid on 5 other items. Like you said, these auctions were all about a minute apart from eachother. It was the most fun I've had on ebay in a while.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
I have been watching two wing mirrors on ebay for a week, I setup two computers using my ebay account on one and my wifes on the other for expediency (I looked like a bookie or something) because these two mirrors ended one friggin minute apart, and you know I won one (left) but not the other. Like rats after a pellet of cheese we were bidding. My laptop had to think with 0 seconds left one the second mirror and then it happened ME <------------LOSER!

Anyone know where I can get a passenger side wing mirror, the more modern looking ones, I think they are the same from 89 and up right?
If you would have just set your max bid at $1M, I am pretty sure you would have won that other mirror. rotfl

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
fast fingers, fast link, sniping is the way to win! (Although a bit slimey).

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was an Esprit parts extravaganza tonight, those dont come along often on ebay.

Win some, ya lose some, I guess, I was gonna bid on those wheels, and those gauges, but managed to contain myself.

I told my wife that I bet many of my fellow forum members were probably glued to ebay as well.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
sniping didn't matter in my case... I wasn't about to go that high... $180 for a hand full of relays...!

I did want the upper front wishbones though, but those went for $227

Oh and the rubber boot for the left dash vent! My PO cut mine in half and installed a tweeter in there, so no air comes out of mine!

·
Super Moderator
3,926 Posts
I, too, was all over ebay tonight. It was like an Esprit parts buffet!
[snip] these auctions were all about a minute apart from eachother. [snip]
Same seller about 3 months ago parted out an 88 Esprit - but he made more money that way because the auctions were about 5-10 minutes apart.
There was some serious sniping action going on (and not just me).

If he put these 95 S4 auctions close together, he missed out - the sniping battles is where all the money comes pouring out.

I passed on this one, but like someone mentioned, these don't come along all that often. I had to restrain myself - it's not like you can go to the salvage yard and get those parts nowadays.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Try auctionsniper

Look up auctionsniper.com cost you 1% if you win, no contract or upfront payment and if you live down under like me it means you can get some sleep.

·
Registered
860 Posts
sniping didn't matter in my case... I wasn't about to go that high... $180 for a hand full of relays...!

I did want the upper front wishbones though, but those went for $227

Oh and the rubber boot for the left dash vent! My PO cut mine in half and installed a tweeter in there, so no air comes out of mine!
It wasn't me on the relays, but I did drive the price of the upper wishbones up at the last minute. I think I bid $225. I didn't think it would go that high, but I wanted to make sure I won them. Oh well.....looks like someone wanted them more!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I use auction sniper and it works really well. I don't deal with auctions any other way these days.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I like the no reserve ebay auctions where the seller gets an accomplice or two (shills) to bid the price up into orbit.

You can always tell those ones as If you lost the auction a few days to a couple of weeks later the item mysteriously comes back up for sale again.

Esprit parts do seem to suffer from this phenomenum, I see old parts selling for more than you can buy from parts suppliers.

Someone once told me Esprit owners are mostly internet nerds who are addicted to buying from Ebay, maybe there is some truth to that. :lol:

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
The recent ebay auctions included a jack/handle. I was looking at it because I don't have a handle. Not likely to use it, but nice to have. The auction brought $111.50.

I bought one from JAE today for $40. Go figure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am parting a 1989 Esprit, pm me if you missed something you needed. I sold about half the car already, but maybe I have it.

Greg

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
i do my sniping manually. didn't know they had robots.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts