The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you in Orange County who have an interest in a broad range of cars, particularly hot rods and '50s-'60s muscle cars, there is an informal meet every Saturday morning from 6:00-9:00 at the Adams Avenue Donut Shop. It is located at the corner of Adams and Magnolia in Huntington Beach. There appeared to be over 100 cars there this morning.

The meet started in the early '70s by a small group of car enthusiast that eventually called themselves the Donut Derelicts. That has grown into quite a gathering over the years.

Although the time is listed as 6:00-9:00 am, most of the cars were gone by 8:15. I got there a little late and saw many really nice cars on the road headed away from there as I was arriving. I will post a few pictures to give an idea of what to expect there.

Oh, by the way, great donuts & pastries real cheap!

Attachments

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Great pics Chris. I love the roadsters. And I respect the owners. It takes dedication to own machinery like that.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I grew up just a few blocks from there. You definitely need to get there early. I've rolled in there at 6:30 and not been able to get a parking spot. I used to go quite a bit when I lived in HB, I even took the old Elan a few times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts