The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6MT
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on my new to me 2011 Evora, when I close the door softly, the dash display shows the door open and the alarm will not set. If I open and give the door a more aggressive close, the door light on the dash will go out and the alarm works as it should.

Is there any kind of adjustment for this sensor to make it work all the time?

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
There's no adjustment in the switch position (it's contained within the latch assembly, which is held together by rivets), but you can alter the latch hoop position to hold the door more "tightly" closed. That may or may not address the switch issue though. Don't remove both latch hoop bolts completely, as the backplate will fall off, and then you'll have to fish it out from the rear side panel.

Chances are, the switch itself is sticking, and could use some non-conductive lubrication to loosen itself up. There's a few threads here if you search for door latch issues.

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6MT
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I'm guessing it's just going to be one of those quirks I'll need to live with.

That brings me to this observation: Does a Lotus allow itself to be adapted to it's driver, or must the Lotus driver adapt to the Lotus??

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Well, eventually the microswitch itself will fail, and the door won't ever register as "closed". Usually this is a result of the latch assembly cracking near where the switch is mounted internally, which isn't easily fixed. So the fix is to just replace the latch assembly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts