The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel a bit the fool but I need help.

I am a fairly new owner and I have been tackling the various rattles and squeaks. Mostly to great success thanks to these forums.

I was replacing the drivers door strike pin with an Anti-Rattle door pin. The pin came out easy as could be. I just broke it lose with a deep well socket and loosened it by hand. No drama.

I grabbed the new part, compared them, they look identical to me visually. I went to hand start the new pin and it won't catch. I tried grease, I tried reverse rotation to try to get it to catch. I certainly don't feel like I forced it at any point.

Anyway, the interior, um, nut (since I don't know what it's called) is visibly stripped, the first few threads are shiny and smooth. The rest are normal.

Of course the bolt seems to be a super rare combo. An M12 x 1.0 or maybe even an M12 x .75. Nobody stocks a thread tap this size except the internet, they are both on order.

I looked at the Parts Diagram and I can't seem to track down the assembly that's inside the door to receive the door pin. Does anyone know how to access those parts or if I have a chance of finding a replacement?

Any advice in general would be greatly appreciated as I have basically crippled my car for a silly reason. :facepalm

·
Registered
122 Posts
Did you ever fix this? I'm having the same problem. I will look into it this weekend, but I was wondering what I'm going to be getting myself into and how much time I will need to set aside for this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts