The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious whether my situation is unique. About a month ago the door pull came off on the passenger side -- not the door handle but the verticle grip handle. I was going to take it to Lotus to fix but it wasn't a high priority so have held off. This afternoon the handle came of on the driver's side. Now it's a little higher priority. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I've had the trim pop come loose on its own on the passenger side (due to heat), but that's all. not the entire handle.. yikes!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Got me beat how this could happen. The handle is secured by two very long, large Allen bolts:

I would imagine that the handle would get very loose & wobbly for a long time before it finally broke free.

Unless of course, the OP was talking about the handle fascia which is held on by some lousy metal clips & a dose of good luck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My passenger door pull broke the first week I had my car. The funny bit is that I only had two passengers in that time frame. I assume it was broken during test drives as the car only had 31 miles on it when i bought it. It seemed that the alan screw had been tightened too much and thus had. Cracked the plastic connector. Lotus covered it w out question.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
When I picked up my MY11 the dealer had 2 MY10 in for door pull replacements. Dealer said there was a recall on the MY10 door pulls
On a side note, when I had my headliner redone in Suedetex I also had the door pulls done. Improves the look quit a bit in my opinion.
IMG_0521 (800x600).jpg
IMG_0520 (800x600).jpg

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Curious whether my situation is unique. About a month ago the door pull came off on the passenger side -- not the door handle but the verticle grip handle. I was going to take it to Lotus to fix but it wasn't a high priority so have held off. This afternoon the handle came of on the driver's side. Now it's a little higher priority. Has this happened to anyone else?
your situation has been refereed to as Lotus legendary chaftmanship

1 - 7 of 7 Posts