The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is going in to the dealer monday to deal with the water egress issue. My door skin is very far away from my side windows. The seal is at least 1/8th inch away in the center and tapers back to touching at the ends. Obviously water just pours in the doors. I have taken pictures for my dealer ongoing for about a month to help them figure it out so we can hopefully fix it. Just wondering if this is not normal. Thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
your explanation is a bit difficult to visualize. these cars have water ingress issues but they are easy fixes. Mine was fixed and does not leak any more.

·
Registered
837 Posts
door seal water leak

I was wondering if pre 2012s work the way my new one does. When the door is opened, the window is lowered ≈ inch. When the door is closed, it is automatically raised to complete the seal.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[/URL][/IMG]

The seal touches the glass front and rear but its far away in the center. I am sure they can adjust the seal but it will not run with top of the door edge body line. That is fine if it will stop the water. Not sure what the issue is as I know its supposed to be an easy fix.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I think the lift mechanism can be adjusted so the glass is flushed against the window seal. Is there a gap on the inside as well?

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No the inside is fine. Certainly the seal needs to be adjusted but will look into the window. Thanks Squid.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My Door seals...hope the pics are good enough. The gap on the driver door is
about 1/8". There is no perceivable gappage on the passenger door....well, maybe a teeny bit.

1. Driver door

photo 1.jpg

2. Passenger Door

photo 2.jpg

So, squidward, the window mechanism can be adjusted to correct this?

Hope so!

Thanks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've noticed in the parts list that the door waist seals are now on their 5th revision. I wonder if the newer parts have solved this issue.

My 2009 LE car has fairly large gaps between these seals and the glass. I'd be tempted to order a set if I knew there was an improvement, but they're a little pricey for me to take a chance.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
USGPRU27, was your problem solved by your dealer?

Thanks!

Ronev, Not sure. I got rid of my evora after so many problems. My car had just about every issue discussed on this forum. It was a very early build so I guess that should be expected. After the clutch at 8,000 miles I was done. It had a chatter when I picked it up and just gave it back and told them to get rid of it. I can say that My dealer was FANTASTIC. Such great service and did everything needed without question. One must separate them from the car. They did not make it. I really was heartbroken as I loved the car. My wife and I just lost confidence in it to take it on any trips and that is why I got it.

I now have a Porsche Boxster Spyder and could not be happier.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I took mine to the dealer (still under warranty), and they're replacing these "waist seals", as well as the dash....passenger side air bag cover is elevated and one of the dash-top A/C vents is coming loose. Seems pretty radical to replace the entire dash just for those
two problems, but whatever.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts